Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2021, 10:46 PM   #1

2020 19' Bambi
Saint Helena , California
New Owner

Hi there -

I bought a 2019 19 CB Bambi Like New Used. I am currently staying in it full time while I go enter the Culinary program in Napa

First time for any of this - so the learning curve is big for me. I have used valet service to move it when needed. So also interested in what towing vehicles are good for this model.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Lesley
SilverButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 02:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
Welcome! Your situation will affect our offerings. Staying in a regular campground? Full hookups or using a tote to keep the tanks turned over and fresh? My wife uses TST liquid or the lavender powder stuff from Walmart. (doesn’t need to be harsh if you dump regularly)
Keep the weight of your accessories down. Don’t go on a buying spree until you figure out how you like to camp.
You may be able to rent a uhaul pickup for moves - you’ll want to be less constrained than using a service eventually. Watch other campers backing in to learn technique. Make new acquaintances - you will learn a lot that you never knew you didn’t know!
Whatever owners manuals you don’t have, download.
Enjoy!
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:23 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' International
Orlando , Florida
Welcome. As you are looking to potentially full time in the coach, look at RV parks with full hook ups. It will be much easier on you. And typically you can stay a month or 2 weeks for the same amount. (Well sort of the month's stay you will have to pay the electric.). I was doing the remote work and full timing and found it was better to stay in a place for at least a month to keep costs down.
About the holding tanks, wait until the black tank is nearly full before dumping, and purchase Happy Campers Organic Holding Tank Treatment. With the new to me International FB23, the PO left the green packet stuff and it did not work, that stuff is going the trash. With Happy Campers there was never any smell no matter the temperature and the previous trailer had a 52 gallon black tank. So we go a week or more between dumps.
About the tow vehicle: you don't need 3/4 ton truck. Most V6 powered SUVs or trucks will pull your trailer. I just downsized from an F450 pulling a 42ft fifth wheel to Mercedes ML350 Bluetec (diesel) to pull the FB23. You can find a vehicle that is safe to pull it. I can tell you I don't miss driving the F450 in tight parking lots or the 13-17MPG; but it was the right truck for the application.
Corsa is offline   Reply With Quote