Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2020, 07:41 PM   #1

1991 34' Limited
Brooklyn , NY
Question New New New Airstream Owners (Fully Renovated 1991 34' Limited)

Hi Air Forum Community!

Owning an Airstream has been a life long dream of mine, and thanks to COVID and the new world order, my boyfriend and I just purchased one from a friend. We are so pumped but we know we have some work ahead of us to get our bearings. Neither of us have ever owned or lived a camper lifestyle. It's a 1991 34' Airstream Limited that was completely gut renovated a few years back.

I will also post this in the towing forum, but wanted to get some advice for towing it one-way from California to Florida. We live in two different states and are flying to California in mid-September to pick it up and drive it to FL to make some small upgrades to it. It is approximately 10K lbs and we are trying to find a truck rental company to pull it across the country and leave in FL. Does anyone know of any truck rentals that allow one-way trips with this kind of load? We will be leaving from the Orange County area and driving it to Florida within one week. We've considered buying a truck also, but wanted to get the scoop on the rental options first since we would have to leave the truck behind.

Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!!

M & D
GetOutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Welcome to the forum!

These are intersting times. Stay safe and remember you will encounter issues. This forum is here for you when those issues arise.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:29 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
And keep in mind this forum is brutally honest and very direct in opinion. So Be ready for what you get, but it is mostly meant to be for you to consider from others past experience. Good luck on your venture......I would have been there a number or years back.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:23 AM   #4
Trilla the Traveling Tube

2018 22' Sport
Dayton , Wyoming
There are many rental companies that allow truck rentals from one state to another! You might want to check through your insurance carrier on rental companies they partner with - could get a discounted deal through this (i.e. we have USAA as our insurance carrier and they have partnerships with Hertz, Avis, etc.).

One thing though is make sure you are not "strapped" with a mileage limit through a rental company, that can be a deal-breaker!

Welcome to the new life, we are in our infancy as well - and welcome to the group, they are great people with great info and knowledge!

:0)
kpfate is offline   Reply With Quote