Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Abbotsford , British Columbia
New Memberrrrr

Hello from Kamloops BC where the temperature is currently -15C and our trailer is sitting under cover surrounded by two feet of snow. Hope to enjoy this site and gain or give useful information on Airstream Trailers. We have a 1991 34' Anniversary Airstream that we enjoy when the weather is more toward the + side of freezing. Bob
Bob Halliwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forums, Bob! Great to have you aboard!

It has been cold (not as cold as you.... at least we are above 0!) here this winter too... our little Airstream is tucked inside the garage nice and warm and dry.

This is a great place to learn all things Airstream! Be sure and check out the camping places that are posted, the sister site with the airstream articles, and the rally schedule as well as surf around and see what else is here!

Anytime you need to make a repair or know something about your 'stream just ask and answers will come flying off the keys!

We would love to see more additions to great (secret!) camping places in BC! So share the knowledge and wealth!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Welcome!

Glad to hear from some else with an appropriately sized Airstream. I’m sure you will hear it soon, Photographs!!! Besides, -15C is only +5F. From a guy in Arkansas where it is 27F or -2.8C. It is cold for us, though. Real Cold!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome to the Forums! Hope it gives you some warmth to keep you warm until the spring thaw! There's plenty here to keep you busy until that happens, so jump right in...

Happy trails,
TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
welcome Bob,,, 10 below here in Montana,,, so i can relate,,, am having spring fever also,, please post pictures of your trailer,,,, Happy Trails,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
It's 6 here tonight. Wev'e been trying to work on the Crappy Camper for the past week and 1/2 to get back in it to take out the cabinets lay the new floor, ,BUT NO! IT'S BEEN COLD ENOUGH TO FREEZE THE NUTS OFF A JEEP!
NO THATS COLD MAN. We put a heater in it one night and left it all day;went out so see if it was gettin the job done., , , ,the answer was UH. . .NO! Still had frozen drinking water bottles in the sink.

We should get the top storage units out saturday and hopefully will go real fast so we can start building the new cabinets.

See you in Branson
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:54 PM   #7
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Hi Bob and welcome!
It seems to be cold all over, but -15 yeeks!
By the way, I've been up to Jasper, Lake Louise, and Banif (sic) breathtaking county in the winter.

Keeeepppp warm.

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:18 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Bob,

Welcome to the forums!

You'll find great information, friends, and some laughs here!

How did you find out about the forums?.........Now that it's getting some press from Airstream and beyond, I'd be curious to know.

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:20 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
1978 31' Excella 500
Franklin , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to DPeakMD
Bob--Welcome to the Forums!!! We're at +2 here in Indianapolis. Are you planning on going to Bozeman for the International? We're looking forward to heading up your way possibly after the rally (to Banff). Got any suggestions???
WBCCI #8481
DPeakMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:34 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
-2 degrees in Southeast Ohio this a.m. BUT, they are talking about 45 - 55 degrees (depending on which station one listens to) by Monday. Does that mean SPRING is on the way?????? Or is anyone interested in spring? We await the spring equinox, warmer weather, sunshine, rain, breezes, towing, seeing the USA in our AS. Welcome aboard the FORUMS - write, ask, read and learn. Sure beats going to school!! Safe journeys 'streamin down the road.
Prodigy Brake Controls
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt."
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:08 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterdog
welcome Bob,,, 10 below here in Montana,,, so i can relate,,, am having spring fever also,, please post pictures of your trailer,,,, Happy Trails,,, donna
Well I guess it is just cold everywhere. Just got a new digital camera so as soon as I figure it out I'll post pics. Quick question, how and where do you do that. Bob
Old 01-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn
Welcome to the forums, Bob! Great to have you aboard!

It has been cold (not as cold as you.... at least we are above 0!) here this winter too... our little Airstream is tucked inside the garage nice and warm and dry.

This is a great place to learn all things Airstream! Be sure and check out the camping places that are posted, the sister site with the airstream articles, and the rally schedule as well as surf around and see what else is here!

Anytime you need to make a repair or know something about your 'stream just ask and answers will come flying off the keys!

We would love to see more additions to great (secret!) camping places in BC! So share the knowledge and wealth!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi traveling in S Tardis ~ from the Great State of Jefferson
Only thing I will be looking ofr is the centre cap for the wheels on the trailer. I have the 1991 60th anniversary model and lost two caps traveling last summer, tried Airstream, no luck there. Bob
Old 01-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Perhaps you may derive some vicarious camping vibes from those in more hospitable camping locals via the forums . Enjoy.

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm
Bob,

Welcome to the forums!

You'll find great information, friends, and some laughs here!

How did you find out about the forums?.........Now that it's getting some press from Airstream and beyond, I'd be curious to know.
Found the site through an Airstream friend here in Kamloops, looks great, lots of info. Bob
Old 01-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPeakMD
Bob--Welcome to the Forums!!! We're at +2 here in Indianapolis. Are you planning on going to Bozeman for the International? We're looking forward to heading up your way possibly after the rally (to Banff). Got any suggestions???
We will not be going to Bozeman this year but we have a good number coming from our Unit 121. If you can make it to Banff and area it is outstanding. Another excellent area is Kaninaskis Park just east of Banff. Region 10 is holding their rally just outside Calgary and taking in the Stampede there. Bob
Old 01-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Welcome to the forums , Bob! I just West of you. Its cold, but thankfully dry. I agree about Kaninaskis. When I lived in Calgary, I drove my VW Westfalia there frequently for summer weekends. Great location and lots to do.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Aha, another BC'ite with aluminitis.

Welcome Bob. I think there's several folks in your area with Airstreams. I know there are folks in Salmon Arm, Kelowna and parts north and south with the same affliction.

You live in a beautiful part of the province.

Glad to have you on the forums.

Barry