Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #1

1978 Argosy 27
Davenport , Nebraska
New Member Here, So Glad To Have Found This!

Hello one and all,
My name is Dale and my wife Tamara ran across this website after we purchased our neighbors argosy 27. It needs a few minor things done to it, but all in all we are happy with the investment. Glad to have found a place to ask questions, because I need all the help I can get at times.
Was planning on going on a maiden voyage with the argosy this weekend but its going to have to wait til next week. If we can keep our boys aged 16 and 13 from hounding us to death about going LOL. Plus I want to invest in a rockguard right away, sighs, it will never end right? LOL
My wife will do the most posting, I am not up on computer lingo. Once again, just great to be here and look forward to getting great ideas and input.
ahrens65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
old mystic , Connecticut
Welcome. You will never lack for answers to yours questions here that's for sure. Have fun with you AS.

We all LOVE pictures here, so be sure to post plenty.

Annette
bullydogsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
A79rgosy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahrens65 View Post
Plus I want to invest in a rockguard right away, sighs, it will never end right? LOL
Yep, you are right. It never ends. We have a 1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 metre. The first thing that we had to do was check the axle and replace. Then, the water pump, then the water heater... and on!
Good luck with your new project! Go out and check the axle!

Lou and Larry in Ohio
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
Hello from Florida and welcome to the forum - will learn a lot.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Upton , Massachusetts
Welcom Dale and Tamara. We to just came across this site and its great. Congrats on your score. Hope your trip goes well.
We enjoyed our travels through Nebraska beautiful roling green hills.
Mike
Triple M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #7

1978 Argosy 27
Davenport , Nebraska
pics of the new girl from new member Ahrens65

Here is the Argosy pics, my husband followed the advice on checking the axles etc. and repacked the wheel bearings. We spent part of the day using our free labor since our sons are on spring break putting them to work helping out with little things LOL.
We pulled up the carpet to check out the flooring, nothing rotted, and got ready to replace the AC unit that was shot. Had it up on the hoist to check everything out underneath and my husband replaced a few rivets. I noticed the one couch/bed has rotted uphosterly that I will have to redo.
All of the electrical we went thru and the hot water heater works and water pump. We are going to switch out the fridge with a gas/electric we had out of our old camper. The one in here was a dorm fridge. We normally do not plug in when we camp, so that is one thing I insisted on that we get done. We hope by the end of summer to have a fridge that would originally fit in that spot because we would like to try to keep it all original.
The stove and countertops are like new, I apologize for the mess. I brought in a cutting board my husband made for me for the old camper so that is sitting on the sink area.
When my husband checked out the hot water heater and the LP lines for leaks, none were found (thank god) and the none of the plumbing lines leaked (another thank god) LOL.
I have to wait til the weather gets warmer before working on the outside of it as far as a few things that I want to paint around the bottom for now. We are going to have it repainted this winter. My husband farms, so winter is our time to do the little things.
Since I am generally the one that pulls the campers to the places we go, I just said I wanted to make sure everything was in working order. We have a 72 Road Ranger that I despised LOL. But everything worked in it and I am glad to not have a box on wheels now to pull.
We knew the people well that had the camper and it was used for camping and had been on several roadtrips. I was more than surprised at its condition for what we paid.
Sorry for the pics, when I get everything put back together the way I want it I will post those. I just hope they show up LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Argosy 001.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	421.8 KB
ID:	78345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Argosy 002.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	295.3 KB
ID:	78346  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Argosy 003.jpg