Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari
Bellbrook , Ohio
New Member From Rhode Island

Hello All,
Just wanted to say hello. We are new Airstream owners (2006 Limited Safarie 28"). This is our first RV, we have plans for Bar Harbour this summer.
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper
Hello All,
Just wanted to say hello. We are new Airstream owners (2006 Limited Safarie 28"). This is our first RV, we have plans for Bar Harbour this summer.
Welcome Viper!

It's fantastic that you not only have purchased your first RV but also went for an Airstream. Airstreams are (IMHO) the best trailer on the market and the Safari Limited Edition's are wicked neat looking on the inside.

Do you know about the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI)? It is the Airstream owners club. Here you will find lots of folks who just love Airstreams! If you are interested in joining the WBCCI I recommend you check out the New England Unit. This is a progressive, fun loving group of Airstream owners who attend rallies and caravans together. For more information see: http:www/wbcci1.org/ne

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Welcome Viper and congratulations on the AS purchase. Bar Harbor is great . You will have a blast there...joe...
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Welcome!!

Welcome to Airstreams and the Forum! We live in Calif, but used to have beach house in southern RI up the beach from Misquamicut... Envious when I saw New England unit of WBCCI and Forums getting together near Pt Judith, as I was back there in August in rental and took ferry to Block Island for a day.. We also pulled predecessor 24' trailer (Brand X) from here to Bah Hahbor and back in 1992 (9100 miles in 30 days..) and had a blast. Orchard Beach in Maine is worth seeing, including crazy campground, and many great stops in Camden, Searsport and other small towns along the route.. A family friend lives in Belfast and was dstination objective for the trip...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:49 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Bedford , New Hampshire
Welcome

Welcome to the forums.

I've looked at the pictures you've posted. I'm Jealous. I don't have a flat screen tv yet.

Mark
Old 03-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #6
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
congratulations on the new coach and welcome to the forums

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari
Bellbrook , Ohio
Heres my Rig

http://www.pbase.com/wdmoh/inbox
Old 03-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Welcome!

I hope you take My Boy Burt's advice and look into joining the club. When I bought my rig I didn't know if I wanted to join a club or not but after I met this great bunch I was thrilled. Good luck and happy camping.
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Welcome

Hello All,

Welcome to the world of the Silver Bullets....you will have the fun of your life. If you haven't already seen the WBCCI website, you might give it a gander and see what's going on. They are sponsoring the International Rally in Salem, Or this year and it is an opportunity for you to see how things sometimes go or don't go. I am leading a Caravan from Palo Duro Canyon in Texas to the International Rally so if you want to see what a caravan is all about we will welcome you. My unit has a website at NTXAC.Org. You can go to the upcoming events and get the signup coupon. Deadline is March 31.

Enjoy it...we do.
WBCCI 14536
dbaverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 03:09 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
Smile

Welcome Viper! Nothing beats traveling in an AS except perhaps traveling with the most fun bunch of people (if I do say so myself) the NEU (New England Unit of the Wally Club) Most of us live in RI, MA, NH and Maine. Some old, some young, some kids, some dogs, some cats, one bird and always a kind and friendly group. We travel together and have a blast. You can check out our past threads on the forum and also our upcoming plans for the season. We have a rally in MA in late April. Spring into Camping. Is that right Myboyburt?
Also our first year anniversary of meeting the wonderful Bobandcarla. Hope to meet you somewhere down the road!!
Elaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Elaine L

Thanks for the kind words. It's people like you that make this group great .
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari
Bellbrook , Ohio
WOW, a lot of responds !! We are excited about the up coming summer. We have three children 10, 4, 2.......... yes its a handful, but we enjoy. We opted for the RV lifestyle for our family because it just fits, we are all most happy in the outdoors in some way. Our kids do like the theme parks too, but once again they are most happy in a park setting or just exploring the wonderful outdoors. They all love going to NH and ME, VT and MA just havent made it on the list yet, but they will this year. And they all love to fish, so does dad !! My wife and I are in our 30s and 40s, lol and thats all Im saying on that .

Being from OH, I just couldnt wait to get my AS, and we do want to join a club and get our "Red Numbers" lol....... then we will have arrived, lol.

Anyways thanks for all of the wonderful advice, Im sure Ill be asking for alot of that in here, as this is the first RV we have owned.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper
My wife and I are in our 30s and 40s, lol and thats all Im saying on that .

Being from OH, I just couldnt wait to get my AS, and we do want to join a club and get our "Red Numbers" lol....... then we will have arrived, lol.
Hello Viper,

If you would like to check out the WBCCI New England Unit before you join you and your family are more than welcome to join us at one of our rallys or other events. I'll PM our schedule and will provide you with a local (to you) contact person. Even if I do say so myself the New England Unit rocks!

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #14
_

. , .
welcome to the air zone viper!

and dbaverb too!

your trailer looks beautiful.......great photos.....

many happy camper memories are soon to happen.....

be open to the unexpected and you, the family and the hut will thrive!

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Thumbs up North Smithfield, Ri

Welcome NEIGHBOR, we live in N.Smithfield,RI. Glad to see another AS in our neck of the woods.

I will PM you for more AS talk related to rallies, etc.

Gail

BRN-2905
NEAC of Region 1
AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari
Bellbrook , Ohio
Cool We live in Smithfield !!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:07 AM   #17
DEO
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
Welcome Viper

We are in the New England unit too about 30 minutes from Smithfield! I agree camping is a great family activity especially when your children are the age yours are (heck any age is good!). Some of the best times I have ever had were with my children camping. Check out the WBCCI and the New England Unit we are going to have some great rallies this year and the more the merrier !
DEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
St Paul , Minnesota
We are visiting RI this summer (2011). My daughter and husband just moved to Richmond, RI. If we don't stay in their driveway - Any suggestions?
Jeaton72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

I wish I could help but I'm not from the area.
WBCCI 14536
dbaverb is offline   Reply With Quote