Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2022, 02:12 PM   #1

Austin , Texas
New member from Austin, TX

Hey there! Picking up our Caravel this weekend and are super excited to join the Airstream family

We're going to be splitting it with our friends and mixing it up with some personal adventuring, along with having it stationary in their backyard for some AirBnB revenue. I know, never go into business with friends, but we're going to make this work. At least, I keep telling myself that

Anyway, looking forward to learning all-things Airstream, don't be a stranger if you ever want to drop a line, and thanks for reading!
Wombat69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Welcome to the Forums!

In addition to not going into business with friends, most people will also recommend that you don't rent out your Airstream, but I guess if it is just sitting parked, there is only so much damage a renter can do.

Anyway, good luck with it all!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
Sebastian , Florida
Congrats! Many happy adventures!
As far as "most people", they are not you. You're treating this as an investment - make sure you're not in it for more than you can afford to part with. Beyond that, run with it!
I would advise you to become VERY familiar with the ins and outs of living in this trailer, and prepare a guide for your guests. Then go over it with them in person before letting them in.
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:34 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat69 View Post
Hey there! Picking up our Caravel this weekend and are super excited to join the Airstream family

We're going to be splitting it with our friends and mixing it up with some personal adventuring, along with having it stationary in their backyard for some AirBnB revenue. I know, never go into business with friends, but we're going to make this work. At least, I keep telling myself that

Anyway, looking forward to learning all-things Airstream, don't be a stranger if you ever want to drop a line, and thanks for reading!
Welcome!

What part of Austin are you in? I go to COTA several times a year. Can't take our trailer because I am towing a race car. I would consider your AirBnB.
DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:26 PM   #5

Austin , Texas
Hey there! I'm in East Austin off of 183, would make for a pretty easy drive to COTA
Wombat69 is offline   Reply With Quote