Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1965 30' Sovereign
Ottumwa , Iowa

hi all i have owend my 1965 international sovereign for 5 years now it needs a lot of work still the people that had it before let the vents blow off and never covered them and destroyed the floos the out side is oxidised very bad. have used it many times. i have camped since i was a kid and loved it me and my dad found this camper for 500 bucks fell in love and had to have it been doing a little bit to it here and there and just started to polish the outside, what i have found it is a lot of work but will be well worth it. i pretty much live in it in the summer with my family so havent got much done on the inside but the new floors and rear beds for my to boys and had temped a bed in the front for me and my wife it is crude but works and new fridge and a wall looks good for what it was and what i have done so far
cjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
kds
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Frederickburg , Texas
Welcome to the Forums! Do you have any pictures? This is absolutely the best place to ask any and all questions. Good luck as you start-------

Kelly
kds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1965 30' Sovereign
Ottumwa , Iowa
no not yet i need to get them uploaded to my computer and then get them up on here its nothing to brag about yet for as long as i have had it, it should have been but thats how it goes i guess but i got some before pics so i will get them up as soon as i can i hope
Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
Welcome,, 5 years and just now show up????

Yep pictures please,, we all wish to see if your project is starting out better than what we had,,, Joke,,

Sodbust

20mpg empty, 14 mpg with 27' Overlander.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
welcome!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1965 30' Sovereign
Ottumwa , Iowa
well just now really getting into it trying to find some diffrent ideas on what to do and c what people think
Old 04-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
We think you have the aluminum bug - Welcome to the Forums. You found the right spot for info and help - just ask.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson View Post
well just now really getting into it trying to find some diffrent ideas on what to do and c what people think

Welcome cjohnson to this wonderful Airstream community!!! It sounds like you have your hands full. Not only with the Airstream but living in it with your family and helping take care of your family. That's a lot on you and your wife's plate! I totally admire you and your desire to recreate your Airstream into a beautiful place for you and your family to live, camp and whatever!!

Yes, you have come to the right place. Just keep asking questions and use the search option a lot, for answers to some of those questions.

Take care and best of everything to you and your family!

~Cari~
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1965 30' Sovereign
Ottumwa , Iowa
we camp alot just about every weekend and im away in the summer for work and sometimes i use it to stay in if to far away from home so its my home away from home in the summer