Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #1

1968 22' Safari
Richland , Washington

Hello, My name is Bill. I am new to the forum and am a proud new owner of a 1968 Safari that is in really great condition. I just purchased the '68 on Thursday June 22nd. I was so excited that I decided to take a short trip with the family for the weekend and acutally snuck out of work early on Friday to get a jump on things... Long story short I got 20 miles out of town and the left tire blew !!!. I ended up getting the spare on and heading back to town, in the morning got all new tires even the spare... I guess you have to learn things the hard way sometimes.

Anyone willing to give me some general advise on the general workings of a '68 safari would greatly be appreciated as the previous owner never moved the trailer from the driveway and did not know much about the workings other than when she purchased it everything was in working condition.

bill
68safariBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Welcome!

Hi Bill, welcome to the forums! Glad you and your family are okay despite the tire blowout. Hopefully you'll post some pictures soon so we can see your new treasure!

Check out the search feature at the top of the page - you will be able to find answers to many of your questions that way.

Good luck with your Safari!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
Mopar Madness

Jefferson , Georgia
Hi Bill,
Welcome to the forum! I'm also a newbie at this, and these folks have been really helpful in providing good advice and information on my '82 310 MH!

I've owned it for ~ 2 weeks, but I'm not as adventurous as you are. The previous owner said "everything works, just go use it," but I'm still chasing electrical gremlins and AC issues, among other things, and wondering when I'll be confident enough in this beast to take her on a long trip.

From what I've gleaned thus far, there are many systems that need attention and maintenance on older AS. You'll probably find that tires will be one of your easier fixes!

I'm sure someone here will be able to give you specific adivce on your trailer when you find you need it. I've found that just reading threads related to my MH has been very helpful.

Well, best of luck with it!
Walt
WaltL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hi - Welcome. We live nearby. Give us a holler.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:56 PM   #5
WHR
2 Rivet Member

1981 24' International
1967 17' Caravel
West Richland , Washington
Hi Bill - We are also nearby in West Richland. We have a 24 foot International Caravelle. We have been learing about airstreams for approximately six months. Give us a call. Wade
WHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome!

Welcome to the forum ,

This forum has been great for us ~ kept hubby going through a full frame off of our 1963 Bambi. Great folks. But even better than the forum are the forum meets. Grab your trailer and be and sure to come to an event soon! I bet you could join us at Silver Falls this coming weekend! It is a great way to meet very nice people and look and ask questions and talk Airstream!

You found the right place!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote