Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2006, 03:28 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1995 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Lakeside , Oregon
Thumbs up New member

Hi folks: My name is Joe Becker, my rig is 1995 Land Yacht/Cutter 36' diesel pusher.
I've been RVing since 1965 and have run the gamut of towables and motor homes. My first Airstream was a 1984 26' travel trailer, and I'm just now getting around to joining the group. (procrastination is my only alibi.)
Due to age, I plan on reverting to a travel trailer in the near future and staying closer to home. We have been semi fulltiming for about 5 or 6 years now and have decided to quit chasing the sun and take all the weather here on the Oregon coast. Any hints and advise will be welcome. Joe & Doris
bomberojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Hi Joe, and welcome to the Forums! I hope you find whatever you'll need here to help with your Airstream travels, present AND future!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
wilson , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberojoe
Hi folks: My name is Joe Becker, my rig is 1995 Land Yacht/Cutter 36' diesel pusher.
I've been RVing since 1965 and have run the gamut of towables and motor homes. My first Airstream was a 1984 26' travel trailer, and I'm just now getting around to joining the group. (procrastination is my only alibi.)
Due to age, I plan on reverting to a travel trailer in the near future and staying closer to home. We have been semi fulltiming for about 5 or 6 years now and have decided to quit chasing the sun and take all the weather here on the Oregon coast. Any hints and advise will be welcome. Joe & Doris
Hi Joe & Doris,

It sounds like you have a ton of experience RV'ing. I hope you find your TT all that you want and more. My wife and I lived in Cresent City, Ca., a nice little coastal town, back in the 70's. If there is one thing that you will need to do is keep a good coat of wax and perform good exterior maintaince on your new baby. The salt air does a number on everything including Aluminum. Have fun and send pics. Would love to see them.

Tin Can

'05 Dodge 2500 SLT 4X4

TAC# NY-5256
Tin Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Welcome Joe and Doris...you've picked on a beautiful area as home base...Jen and I plan on taking our mh from San Francisco to the Seattle area this spring...since you're not planning on spending long periods in a trailer and since you have so much experienc rving, I suggest you find the shortest AS trailer that you will feel comfortable and cozy...I'm personally a mh fan but I sure like the 25' models...good luck on your search...joe..
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:26 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forum. When I saw the years creeping up I switched to a motor home and you have a nice one now.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lakeside , Oregon
Lost in cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
Hi Joe, and welcome to the Forums! I hope you find whatever you'll need here to help with your Airstream travels, present AND future!

Roger
Hi Roger, Thanks for the reply. We've been away for a few days, and and on our return I found out I have a LOT to learn about how to navigate this site. When I learn more I can join in some of the forums. Joe
Old 03-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
What fire department

did you retire from?
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lakeside , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Can
Hi Joe & Doris,

It sounds like you have a ton of experience RV'ing. I hope you find your TT all that you want and more. My wife and I lived in Cresent City, Ca., a nice little coastal town, back in the 70's. If there is one thing that you will need to do is keep a good coat of wax and perform good exterior maintaince on your new baby. The salt air does a number on everything including Aluminum. Have fun and send pics. Would love to see them.

Tin Can
Thanks for the reply Tin Can. We are Coast to Coast members and visit the "Little Red SchoolHouse RV Park" (a little south of you) often. You have much the same weather as we do. Your advice on the care and feeding of my rig is appreciated. My " ton" of RV experience was mostly in the California desert west of L. A. Water was carried in jerry jugs and hookups were unheard of. Life is sure better now. Joe
Old 03-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lakeside , Oregon
What Fire Dept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8strm
did you retire from?
I retired from the West Covina Fire Department as Engineer. Were you LA Co.? I've been up in Oregon since 1990. Joe
Old 03-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lakeside , Oregon
Thanks for the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlover
Welcome Joe and Doris...you've picked on a beautiful area as home base...Jen and I plan on taking our mh from San Francisco to the Seattle area this spring...since you're not planning on spending long periods in a trailer and since you have so much experienc rving, I suggest you find the shortest AS trailer that you will feel comfortable and cozy...I'm personally a mh fan but I sure like the 25' models...good luck on your search...joe..
Thanks for the welcome message RVlover. My reasoning for going back to a trailer is "YOU GOTTA TOW SOMETHING". The motor home convenience and comfort is very nice but I no longer need the "opulence". After spending the last few years almost 50% on the road we are ready to stay closer to home now.
We enjoyed staying in the Port Angeles area near Seattle a few years back and we may do it again soon. Enjoy your trip and stay safe. Joe
Old 03-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
still are LACoFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberojoe
I retired from the West Covina Fire Department as Engineer. Were you LA Co.? I've been up in Oregon since 1990. Joe

20 months to go to retirement! can't wait We have both made it to BC
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Lakeside , Oregon
Thanks for the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent
Welcome to the forum. When I saw the years creeping up I switched to a motor home and you have a nice one now.
Thanks for the welcome Chaplain. I went to a motor home for the same reason. Now I'm ready to go back to a trailer and less maintenance. Joe