Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2007 28' International CCD
New Orleans , Louisiana
New Member - 2007 International CCD 28

My 2007 International CCD 28 was delivered Tuesday to the campground where I will be living and working for the next few months or so. This is my first rv and I know after just 3 nights in it that I made a great decision. I work away from home 4-5 nights a week and have been in motels for the last 3 years. One town's Comfort Inn is not another's; and I bit the silver bullet The dogs (Satchmo and Elvis) think it is the neatest romper room on the planet; especially the straight run from front to the back with bumper pads on each end. The front perch isn't to bad either; especially with the wrap around tinted windows.

My short hit list: upgrade to microve/convection; replace tv over dinette with bigger onw and move the first tv to bedroom; figure out how to install an outdoor speaker jack; and find the perfect coffepot.

Tweak, tweak, tweak.
rnhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
Newtown Square , Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new home away from home. Pictures are always nice ( of the airstream and the dogs!). Good luck.
Airforums# 7906, WBCCI #4248, WDCU
dudebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Nashville , Tennessee
Great choice. I have a 2005 Bambi 16 ccd and am thinking I need a little more space. Does your rig have the input for Ipod?
Don Cook
Don Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Congratulations! We enjoyed ours when we had that model.

I'm thinking that Airstream may have switched their thinking when it comes to external speakers. Our 2008 came with a wireless Advent speaker setup.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:21 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Congratulations on your new baby!
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnhunter
My 2007 International CCD 28 was delivered Tuesday to the campground where I will be living and working for the next few months or so. This is my first rv and I know after just 3 nights in it that I made a great decision. I work away from home 4-5 nights a week and have been in motels for the last 3 years. One town's Comfort Inn is not another's; and I bit the silver bullet The dogs (Satchmo and Elvis) think it is the neatest romper room on the planet; especially the straight run from front to the back with bumper pads on each end. The front perch isn't to bad either; especially with the wrap around tinted windows.

My short hit list: upgrade to microve/convection; replace tv over dinette with bigger onw and move the first tv to bedroom; figure out how to install an outdoor speaker jack; and find the perfect coffepot.

Tweak, tweak, tweak.
Welcome RNhunter!

As mentioned "Wireless speakers" are the way to go STAT! I got a great pair at Home Depot for less than 89 bucks that came with wireless headphones TOO!

Enjoy,
Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2007 28' International CCD
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cook
Great choice. I have a 2005 Bambi 16 ccd and am thinking I need a little more space. Does your rig have the input for Ipod?
Don Cook
Not sure yet, but I'm Ipod centered, so I will figure it out soon and get back to you.
rnhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Hello - another Airstream in Mississippi.

Welcome to the Air Forums.

Sounds and looks like you have a great trailer. Good Luck and hope to see you on the road some day.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Welcome to the Air Forums.

I just got done buying a 27FB International CCD for the same reason! Your so right!!! Motels are OK for a short trip but after a few months it gets to be VERY uncomfortable. I have not used mine yet but to this weekend. Good luck and hope we meet sometime!
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
On staying in motels. According to a TV program I watched recently, bed bugs have been extinct in the US for many years thanks to DDT; however, thanks to the ban on DDT, they're back! Mostly in gateway cities like New York and San Francisco where they are brought by in by unsuspecting tourist from other countries hidden in luggage. They are immune to nearly all household insecticides and must be eliminated by professional exterminators.

Really makes you appreciate sleeping in your own bed when on the road doesn't it?
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #11

2007 25' International CCD FB
LEESBURG , Virginia
Re your search for the ideal coffee maker ... look at the Keurig Mini-brewer. "The Keurig Mini brewer is a great solution for gourmet coffee lovers in locations where a compact size, and minimal features are ideal. It is an excellent companion for vacation homes, cabins, college dorms, boats, RVs, or home office desktops. "

Keurig - Single cup coffee maker – coffee brewer, gourmet coffee, gourmet tea, K-Cups

We have a regular Keurig at home (and love it), and have ordered the mini-brewer for our Airstream.

Phil

WBCCI# 3121
philkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Grants Pass , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkent View Post
Re your search for the ideal coffee maker ... look at the Keurig Mini-brewer. "The Keurig Mini brewer is a great solution for gourmet coffee lovers in locations where a compact size, and minimal features are ideal. It is an excellent companion for vacation homes, cabins, college dorms, boats, RVs, or home office desktops. "

Keurig - Single cup coffee maker – coffee brewer, gourmet coffee, gourmet tea, K-Cups

We have a regular Keurig at home (and love it), and have ordered the mini-brewer for our Airstream.

Phil
I had to search the forum to see if anybody had mentioned this marvelous brewer.. sure enough but only one .. I was given one for our new (74) Airstream for my birthday.. The Airstream is called "the other woman" buy my wife.. Anyhow when we tested the machine, we found that we had to get one for the house as well.. A great coffee system that gives consistanly good cubs of coffee.. Non is wasted

We still have yet to make a trip in our "other woman" but the summer is just beginning..

Lee
pixiehat is offline   Reply With Quote