Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Mechanicsville , Virginia
New from Virginia

Hello all, looks like I made my first post in the wrong place, oh well. We are in the process of liquidating our assets to become full timers, not an easy project. With my collection of antique vehicles and the fact we have been living in my wife’s home place for the last 20+ years, our children have grown up and moved on out of our area. Spent our first Thanksgiving alone, so here we go, they are building shopping centers,townhouses, and apartments around our small farm. We bought our first Rig about a month ago, and have spent a total of 4 nights in it, it’s a 2019 Flying Cloud 25 FB, and with me being a retired carpenter well we are remolding our Rig as we speak. I’m doing away with our dinette set and putting our reclining love seat in its place and replacing the couch with a bar. I posted all that as my first post.
Anyway I will need to wintertize our new home because we won’t be headed out until next year, may have to read up on how to do that. Been watching a lot of you tube videos about other people’s journeys. Looking forward to making new friends as well, need to join all the clubs and groups. May be wanting to join a group seems to be the way to go. Thanks for letting us join the group.

Oldman2
MECHANICSVILLE Virginia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCC72B85-DD7C-4204-A48D-841F5DF3A65C.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	357012  
Oldman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:53 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
Congrats and welcome to the family!

You have a lot of great adventures ahead!

Have fun and be SAFE!
Old 11-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Hello Oldman2 Greetings from central Kentucky and welcome to the forum. Loads of information here, lots of reading up to do. If you aren't going to use your AS now, unless you are storing in a heated location you should already have done the winterizing. Read in your owners manual on the correct procedure. Using an air compressor to blow out the lines is a good way, but not required. You can use the search feature on the forum pages to search for winterizing. You don't want those lines to freeze; very expensive repair.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:58 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Mechanicsville , Virginia
Thanks, it hasn’t been that cold here yet, I have it plugged in and heat on to keep it comfortable, working on a few things during the week. I guess the main thing is to drain the hot water heater and put antifreeze in the p traps. We drained all the tanks last weekend before leaving Westmoreland State Park so will do some reading tonight and finish it tomorrow.
Oldman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Kensington , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman2 View Post
Thanks, it hasn’t been that cold here yet, I have it plugged in and heat on to keep it comfortable, working on a few things during the week. I guess the main thing is to drain the hot water heater and put antifreeze in the p traps. We drained all the tanks last weekend before leaving Westmoreland State Park so will do some reading tonight and finish it tomorrow.
Do some reading, check back. Good crew here will set you straight.
Sounds like you have a good start.
Too tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:56 PM   #6
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
Welcome indeed!

I’ve got the same model as you though an ‘18 so I’ll follow your changes and upgrades with interest.

I can say this is the place to be for research and for specific issues you’re seeking understanding on or assistance for.

I get your mindset and wish you similar happiness as you move forward
Cheers

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote