Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
KAS

1983 31' Airstream310
College Station , Texas
New from College Station TX

I'm here as an Airstream newbie but also to advertize my lovely 1983 Airstream 310 motorhome for sale. (sigh) so I guess I'll be here only as long as I still get to keep it.

Hubby got it for me, and did a bunch of work on it to get it running nicely and everything, but then decided to trade out the perfectly good gas engine for a diesel he has in the barn, but that diesel needed an automatic transmission, so he found a Rexhall with a low milage transmission and gave a bid for the value of the transmission--got it home and decided it was so good (it was a government sale, used as a police office on the go, and proved too difficult to drive on the narrow streets of Austin) that he decided that at 36 feet, the big ugly is actually going to serve us better because it is bigger and I can design the new cabinets etc.

So that leaves me with my dream Airstream up for sale. Someone who wants one to fix up like new is going to love this beauty.

Anyway, part of me wishes nobody will buy it, and part of me accepts that if I don't find someone to love it, hubby will sell it to the neighbor who will likely rent it out to be ruined!

So, while hubby would say I talk too much and will kill any sale, I'm convinced there is someone out there who will see what I see in it and want it.

I'm just glad I won't have to do the negotiating because I suspect when she sells I am gonna cry.

So that is my introduction. Nice to "meet" all of you on this forum.
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote