Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
WHR
2 Rivet Member

1981 24' International
1967 17' Caravel
West Richland , Washington
Smile New Eastern Washington Members

We are brand new Airstream owners. We recently purchased a 1981 24' International. We are looking forward to warmer weather so we can go over the inside and out and make needed repairs and upgrades. Does anyone have a recommendation for an RV repair shop in Washington, preferably Eastern Washington? We were wondering if anyone has ever used the Airstream dealer in Spokane. If so, how was the service? We would also like to know what does the "Rivet's" stand for that appear under someones name? We have alot of questions and look forward to meeting new Airstreamers.

Thanks,
Wade and Pam
WHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 09:55 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Welcome to the forum and the world of airstreams. I can not answer your questions about Washington, I live in sunny, warm Phoenix. The rivets you see under the names of people are automaticly upgraded as you make posts. I am not sure of the exact numbers, but the first two come quickly and then it takes a while. Some members turn them off, it's personal preference. There are many members located in your part of the country and I am sure they will answer your other questions.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
Argosy/Airstream since 79

1989 29' Excella
Newport , Oregon
Welcome to the world of Airstreams and the forum.

I know several forum members from Washington, and i'm sure you'll be hearing from them shortly.

Again - Welcome!!

jim
OreExcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Welcome Wade and Pam, Hopefully Janet and/or Gary will chime in. They live close by you. We do a few Forum Rallies a year. Hope to see ya at one of them. Our GTG's are always fun.

Chris
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Wade and Pam welcome! As Chris stated there are a handful of us from the Eastside of the mountains here on the forum. I believe most of us have done our own work on our trailers. When we were looking for information on how to fix this and that, we found a great deal of advice here. Post a picture of "what is this?" and in minutes someone will tell you.

As far as RV repair shops? Can't give any advice. We have been very frustrated with RV stores in our area who have laughed at us when we ask for a part to replace something in the Airstream. They don't want to fix your old trailer, they want to sell you a new one. They want to remind us every time we go in there that we are crazy for wanting to fix up a '68.

I have heard that the Spokane dealer is friendly, there is also a dealer in Yakima. You will just have to call around and talk to people I think.

Kathleen
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:39 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
spokane , Washington
To answer your question about Airstream of Spokane , yes they do a great job. I recommend them highly. How often do you hear that on any of these forums?????

Jack
wasafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Isn't there someone on the forum that works for the Spokane Dealer?? Maybe they will chime in here.

I think the reason why some people find the forums is because they are looking for answers their dealers couldn't give them. But I have heard many praises from forum members about their dealer maintanance.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #8
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Hey there! We live in Richland... Spokane is a 2 hour drive from here, Eastern WA is a BIG place. Welcome aboard. ABout the rivets... the more you post here the more you get...

Rivets Earned
Here is the breakdown on earning the rivets that appear below our user names. This is just a fun way to see who has the most posting action.

New Member (0 posts)

1 Rivet Member (5 posts)

2 Rivet Member (20 posts)

3 Rivet Member (100 posts)

4 Rivet Member (250 posts)

Rivet Master (500 posts)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is online now   Reply With Quote