Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
Jerry,

Equzl-I-Zer makes a plastic plate that fits on the 'L'-bracket that holds the spring bars and they almost completely eliminate the noise from the bars. The plastic piece fits right on the bracket, and the bars go right on top of it. Nothing to adjust or mess with. Works great for me!
Ditto that...the "bracket jackets," as they are called, work great...we're actually testing a new version of the bracket jackets at Equal-i-zer's request using a slightly different design and a different kind of plastic, as there were some wear and breakage issues with the earlier ones... (Don't know how/why we got asked to do this, but it's fun.) You can get the jackets at the Equal-i-zer website: Equal-i-zer Hitch Store: Sway Bracket Jacket (pair)
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
A big welcome and Congrats on your new Airstream...WOW 7000 miles - that is what I call falling head over heals in ALUMINUM LOVE

I would love to make that trip one day - can't wait to visit California.

We have a 22' and use the reese and use a sway bar - it does make a difference - but you can still feel the push of air - it is physic. But we find if you are away of the trucks coming up along side to just push the gas a bit and it seems to compensate.

We even use the sway bar on our little 19' vintage and without we notice a big difference.

We are considering going to the dual cam system - just because we can.

You will have lots of fun with your Bambi - happy trails....see you down the line...
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #23
Hawkeyes & Harleys

2006 16' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Welcome to both of the new Bambi owners. We love our 16 QS and have many miles and nights to prove it. Planning a 4 to 6 week trip to the Northwest starting in Sept.
HOG-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
Jerry,

Equzl-I-Zer makes a plastic plate that fits on the 'L'-bracket that holds the spring bars and they almost completely eliminate the noise from the bars. The plastic piece fits right on the bracket, and the bars go right on top of it. Nothing to adjust or mess with. Works great for me!
I was not aware of this. Thanks very much for the recommendation!!