Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2015, 10:38 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Arlington , Texas
New and looking

Thanks for a great site. I am new to travel trailers and new to airstreams. I am looking for an International 23D. I started looking at the 16 Sport but decided I needed more space. My last hurdle in this quest is do I buy new or used. Because I have never pulled anything bigger than jet skis, I am sure I will have a few " bumps". I dint think it would be as devastating if the rig wasn't perfect to begin when I begin. I am also worried about depreciation. If I buy used I avoid that initial off the lot hit.

What do you recommend ? Thanks again!
Claysews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Hi Claysews, welcome to the forum. Lots of great people and plenty of advice. We bought used for our first AS. I had heard that in 3 years people usually go bigger or get out, camping not being the life for them. You're right, no sense in taking that hit on the depreciation. Of course, your tow vehicle (TV) will determine your trailer size.

Lots to learn, stay tuned, visit often.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Arlington , Texas
Tow vehicle

I am planning on buying the trailer first then the tow vehicle. I drive a Cadillac cst so could make the tow vehicle my daily driver.
Thanks for a quick reply,
Dell
Claysews is offline   Reply With Quote