Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' International CCD
St. Pete Beach , Florida
Hi and welcome aboard. We were also sailors...and powerboaters. We just got our 25 FB Int'l in December and are, like you, new to the AS/ RVing world. We've had 13 different boats in the last 20 years. We've had flats boats and center consoles. Catamarans and speed boats. We had a 41' Morgan Out Island that was just the most fun. We still have a "party pontoon" and live on the Gulf in Florida. We are really excited about the adventures that await in the "stream". We find there are a lot of simularities between boats and our AS and having the previous experience of traveling on a boat really helps. Nice to hear from you.
salvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Ahoy Yawl

I've done a fair amount of sailing, but in small boats. Currently have a 17' cat and sail with a Hobie fleet in NM. Hitch the cat behind my streamer and I am my own parade.

NM has the highest per capita number of pleasure boats in the US.

Landlubber: Old redition of land lover. Derogatory slang for persons unfamiliar with boats and uncomfortable around them. Modern brain research has indicated that the speech defect which leads individuals to substitute b for v may be a symptom of a hitherto unrecognized form of brain damage associated with inner ear dislocations caused by long periods of pitching, rolling, rocking and swaying.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #23
Bambi Hunter

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Los Angeles , California
Here is to welcoming a fellow seaman to the AS Forum. As you see from the variety of posts, there are all kinds of interesting people to meet and share good times. Current time restraints make it very difficult for me to sail these days. However, I drive along the coast each morning and evening, and the wonderlust is still there. I've thought about working w/ the Coast Guard Aux again to release the need to sail in my system. Again, I hope to find the time in the near future.

I agree that the selection of boat and RV tells a lot about the individual. I've always been infatutated with the Choey Lee. I view her as a finely crafted mistress who demands more attention than a deserving wife.

The AS rallies (and not really rally rallies) that we've attended in So. Cal. have been extraordinary. I hope that you and your family have the same (or better) good fortune with your AS adventures as we have had and continue to experience.

If our paths cross, the first drink is on me.
Tim
Tim Can is offline   Reply With Quote