RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-25-2021, 11:55 AM   #1
New Member
 
2021 25' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4
Red face New 2021 globetrotter

We ordered our first 2021 25' Globetrotter airstream in Oct 2020 and expect it sometime in 2021. Does anyone know how long it is taking to receive their new airstreams? We are not in a hurry since it is winter now but would love to start planning some trips for 2021. I would also like to know what is essential to purchase extra after we drive it off the lot so we can start buying some essentials ahead of time. Does it come with sheets? We got the two twin version in Copenhagen. We look forward to our first trip and getting to know the airstream community.
stetsonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
jeffmc306's Avatar
 
2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,146
Blog Entries: 4
Contact your dealer and get an update

Stetsonlaw, congratulations and welcome to the Airstream Community and Forums! Itís an exciting time for you. My advice is to contact the selling dealer and get an update directly from Airstream. Iíve seen some recent posts that dates are slipping due to component shortages.

Our Globetrotterís date was right on schedule but that was April 2019. We were lucky enough to see it on the production line. It arrived at the dealer about a week later.

The Globetrotter does not come with sheets. We got a set of bamboo XL twin sheets which have worked out great.

Good luck and hope to see you down the road sometime!
Jeff & Caryle
__________________
2019 27í Globetrotter FBT Walnut/Dublin Slate
2018 FC23FB
2019 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi Laramie Blue Ox 1000#
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:46 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 30' Globetrotter
East Northport , New York
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 87
When we ordered our 30RB in mid August we were told early March delivery. Checked in with the dealer a few weeks ago and told still on track. Fingers crossed.
__________________
James
Biker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:02 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
 
stevejones's Avatar
 
2019 27' Globetrotter
Traveling to , Arizona
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by stetsonlaw View Post
I would also like to know what is essential to purchase extra after we drive it off the lot so we can start buying some essentials ahead of time.
There are many, many threads on this topic with lots of good opinions. Suggest using the search feature and find some. What is key to the answer is how you intend to use the trailer, how often you will use it, where you will go, how handy you are and do you intend to do repairs yourself, etc.

Steve
__________________
Steve Jones
2019 Globetrotter 27 FB
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 4WD LT
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:36 PM   #5
New Member
 
2021 25' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4
Thank you so much!
stetsonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:39 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 27' Globetrotter
DAYTONA , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 34
We just ordered ours on Saturday and were told it would be around the end of April, first part of May.
nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:45 AM   #7
New Member
 
2021 25' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 4
Thank you!

Thank you so much. That gives me encouragement that our should be done around that same time. They must of had a decrease in sales for the winter months since your time frame is similar to ours. We appreciate that you took the time to post that info to us!!!!
stetsonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:18 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member
 
Houston , Arkansas
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by stetsonlaw View Post
Thank you so much. That gives me encouragement that our should be done around that same time. They must of had a decrease in sales for the winter months since your time frame is similar to ours. We appreciate that you took the time to post that info to us!!!!


You will love your new Globetrotter We took delivery of ours three months ago (27FB)
Best equipment to install:
1. Easy aire easy start for both or single AC regardless if you boondock or not
2. Renogy lithium batteries (100ah or 170ah). They fit like gloves in the battery box leaving rest of storage available and you will never worry about battery life again
3. We installed solar, a great item but donít have to initially but recommended
4. (2) Honda generators that run from your LP port. We did hutch mountain w conversion kits or you can buy ready to go from Gennox
5. Splurge and get a pizza oven that operates from LP port. (Ask if you have any questions)
Welcome. You bought a great Airstream
Kjmmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #9
Rivet Master
 
Mollysdad's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 5,342
Blog Entries: 1
Here's my list of necessaries.
TPMS tire monitors
Hitch lock
More flexible power cord if you have 50 amp.
Surge protector. (don't scrimp)
Generator..I'd check Craig's list, be patient.
Better Sewer Hose. Camco Rhino Flex?
Water hose and filter. Zero-G?
Dishes and silverware. Corelle?
Pots and pans. Grill? Blackstone 17"?
Folding chairs
small folding table.
Flamingos!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:28 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member
 
2021 27' Globetrotter
DAYTONA , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjmmcc View Post
You will love your new Globetrotter We took delivery of ours three months ago (27FB)
Best equipment to install:
1. Easy aire easy start for both or single AC regardless if you boondock or not
2. Renogy lithium batteries (100ah or 170ah). They fit like gloves in the battery box leaving rest of storage available and you will never worry about battery life again
3. We installed solar, a great item but donít have to initially but recommended
4. (2) Honda generators that run from your LP port. We did hutch mountain w conversion kits or you can buy ready to go from Gennox
5. Splurge and get a pizza oven that operates from LP port. (Ask if you have any questions)
Welcome. You bought a great Airstream
Thanks. I do have some questions......I think about everything you said. All of it looks good.

1. The easy aire starts, fill me in a bit.

2. I've looked at several different type of the lithiums, I'm just learning about solar, so, new to everything.Why that brand?

3. We got the solar option and like I said, I haven't a clue what we bought or how it all works yet, but I am learning.

4. The Honda Generators. We have two 2000's a regular and a companion, right now we have two 6 gallon boat tanks rigged to them , but I like the propane idea. Fill me in a bit on that also please.

5. We have a Green Mountain Grill with the pizza oven attachment , but cause of reduced storage areas we may not use the GMG and maybe look at a trigger Ranger. What kind of pizza oven do u have?

Thanks for the help.
nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:51 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member
 
2021 27' Globetrotter
Piedmont , South Carolina
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 17
Blog Entries: 1
Your lithium batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjmmcc View Post
You will love your new Globetrotter We took delivery of ours three months ago (27FB)
Best equipment to install:
1. Easy aire easy start for both or single AC regardless if you boondock or not
2. Renogy lithium batteries (100ah or 170ah). They fit like gloves in the battery box leaving rest of storage available and you will never worry about battery life again
3. We installed solar, a great item but donít have to initially but recommended
4. (2) Honda generators that run from your LP port. We did hutch mountain w conversion kits or you can buy ready to go from Gennox
5. Splurge and get a pizza oven that operates from LP port. (Ask if you have any questions)
Welcome. You bought a great Airstream
Question. If you exchange your batteries for lithium, can you retain your converter? We have a 2021 GT with the factory solar panels. Thanks.
Trailride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:42 PM   #12
Rivet Master
 
Hans627's Avatar

 
2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitzo View Post
Thanks. I do have some questions......I think about everything you said. All of it looks good.

1. The easy aire starts, fill me in a bit.

2. I've looked at several different type of the lithiums, I'm just learning about solar, so, new to everything.Why that brand?

3. We got the solar option and like I said, I haven't a clue what we bought or how it all works yet, but I am learning.

4. The Honda Generators. We have two 2000's a regular and a companion, right now we have two 6 gallon boat tanks rigged to them , but I like the propane idea. Fill me in a bit on that also please.

5. We have a Green Mountain Grill with the pizza oven attachment , but cause of reduced storage areas we may not use the GMG and maybe look at a trigger Ranger. What kind of pizza oven do u have?

Thanks for the help.
I'll take your first question. Here is the website for Micro-air the manufacturer of EZ Start.
https://www.micro-air.com/products_e...r_microair.cfm
I can't describe what it does in technical terms but in layman's terms it lowers (smooths out) the power draw during start up of A/C's. I have one on each of my A/C's and I can run one on 15 amps and both on 30 amps.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:00 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member
 
Houston , Arkansas
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 15
The lithium batteries I purchased were from Renogy. They fit in the battery compartment like a glove.
Kjmmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:42 AM   #14
New Member
 
2021 25' Globetrotter
Crested Butte , Colorado
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 2
Hi! I just ordered the same model as you did! I am waiting to purchase anything for the stream right now. I was told I will not receive my rig until August, so I am planning on September, it will be a 2022 model.
My favorite YouTube channel is KYD (Keep Your Daydream) who are traveling with an Airstream and they have great suggestions for what you will need, so will your sales person.
TriciaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone got a 2021 Globetrotter yet? chrispe 2018 - Current Globetrotter 175 02-23-2021 08:36 AM
picking up my new 2021 27 ft twin globetrotter in near freezing weather Docv 2018 - Current Globetrotter 7 01-05-2021 04:13 PM
2021 Silverado 5.3 vs 6.2 & 2021 25' FCFB Dr. Ohat Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches 32 12-30-2020 12:46 PM
2021 Globetrotter Quality Issues LeslieMc 2018 - Current Globetrotter 28 10-03-2020 03:51 PM
Rim hole size 2021 Globetrotter chrispe Tires 3 06-17-2020 03:22 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.