Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #1

2005 25' Safari
Encinitas , California
Need Some Advice

Hello friends...a couple years ago I got great advice for my Airstream here, you all for sure are great. Thanks........I'm back again wondering where I should turn living in San Diego to Sale my Beautiful 2005 Safari. I have been living elsewhere and I need to sale it now. It's in amazing shape, really only used it once driving to Cave Creek Arizona where I stayed in in 5 weeks. Most of the time I have it next to the house and use it for my quiet place. I have stripped the clear coat off and it is buffed and shined old school with a cover on it. The inside is perfect, I have put a custom hand made mattress in it. Anyway I need to move it fast and will price it to move it fast, so if anyone wants a deal on this beautiful friend of mine, the time is now to strike. Thanks Tim Flannery tflan11@cox.net I coach 3rd base for the San Francisco Giants and need to sale this before I leave for Spring Training......is it better to sale it like this or try to find a dealer ? I just am short on time....thanks so much
flanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Welcome back. Being that a polished late model is a rarity....put up some pictures here so we can see it....and the word will be out. Much better than just a note here.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
Cave Creek is one of my favorite places in the whole world!

Yeah, put some pics up here and maybe do an ad in the advertising section. It'll go fast, I bet. Good luck!

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Hmmmm, is it possible to strip the clear coat and buff and shine a 2005 Safari old school?

What country is this post originating in?

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post

What country is this post originating in?

doug k
Many may argue otherwise, but California is still part of the United Sates, if the info in the profile is correct.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Smells phishy.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
http://www.encinitasmag.com/stories/flan.html

Old 12-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Many may argue otherwise, but California is still part of the United Sates, if the info in the profile is correct.
Overlander, growing up in SF, we figured that someday The Big One would happen, a rift would appear in the Sierras and then the rest of the US would tip up and slowly slide into the Atlantic.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlee View Post
Hmmmm, I'm feeling very English having had a go at reading that article; I barely understood a word of it! Oh to live in a foreign land

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
But Mr. Toad, you DO live in a foreign land!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
BTW, I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to verify whether it's really Flannery or not. I mean, how many baseball stat-heads could there be in Nigeria?

Old 12-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlee View Post
But Mr. Toad, you DO live in a foreign land!
Good point, Zlee. i told you I was confused!

"You can't tow that with that!"

https://sites.google.com/view/towedhaul/home
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:10 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
saline , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanman
Hello friends...a couple years ago I got great advice for my Airstream here, you all for sure are great. Thanks........I'm back again wondering where I should turn living in San Diego to Sale my Beautiful 2005 Safari. I have been living elsewhere and I need to sale it now. It's in amazing shape, really only used it once driving to Cave Creek Arizona where I stayed in in 5 weeks. Most of the time I have it next to the house and use it for my quiet place. I have stripped the clear coat off and it is buffed and shined old school with a cover on it. The inside is perfect, I have put a custom hand made mattress in it. Anyway I need to move it fast and will price it to move it fast, so if anyone wants a deal on this beautiful friend of mine, the time is now to strike. Thanks Tim Flannery tflan11@cox.net I coach 3rd base for the San Francisco Giants and need to sale this before I leave for Spring Training......is it better to sale it like this or try to find a dealer ? I just am short on time....thanks so much
You can post it in the classified section on this forum. I am curious, however, why did you strip the clearcoat off a 2005 Safari? I am under the impression the aluminum used that year doesn't polish well. That is probably going to reduce the value, not enhance it IMO.
Kosm1o is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safari