Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Roblin , MB.
nairnchyz

Hello,
I signed onto the forum 09.17.06. and indicated I was searching for an AS.
Immediately received some valued advice at that time from several members. I check the forum regularly and see similar advice going out to newcomers who are searching as well. Thanks to the seasoned - experienced members who are so willing to share their vast knowledge. No doubt all your help will prevent many of us newcomers from making some costly mistakes in purchasing an AS. You all must be commended for sharing.
I often check several sites that have AS for sale and that has been a good learning tool in itself.
Yesterday I noticed an AS for sale on eBay. It is a 1997 American Legend Series A.
Item No. is 220050180100.
Does anyone own a similar unit or know of the American Legend. In all of my browsing and searching it is the first one I have come across.
Thanks,
Bob
nairnchyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairnchyz
Hello,
I signed onto the forum 09.17.06. and indicated I was searching for an AS.
Immediately received some valued advice at that time from several members. I check the forum regularly and see similar advice going out to newcomers who are searching as well. Thanks to the seasoned - experienced members who are so willing to share their vast knowledge. No doubt all your help will prevent many of us newcomers from making some costly mistakes in purchasing an AS. You all must be commended for sharing.
I often check several sites that have AS for sale and that has been a good learning tool in itself.
Yesterday I noticed an AS for sale on eBay. It is a 1997 American Legend Series A.
Item No. is 220050180100.
Does anyone own a similar unit or know of the American Legend. In all of my browsing and searching it is the first one I have come across.
Thanks,
Bob
Bob
Not too much experiance but hada chance to see the 1997 Airstream Legend Norman Rockwell Edition 34ft located in the forums classifieds. It is in next town over. It looks good on the outside has a little peeling clear coat but the body is great. The Norman Rockwell painted American Legend badge on the side looks cool but what do you do when it peels. P.S. It's still available.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for giving the responders a good word! This is a great group of folks and questions rarely go unanswered! The forum has been excellent to us! We hope we can repay a tiny bit of all the good we have received!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:11 AM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Bob,
That is a legit unit. From what little I know (I am a 70's vintage kind of guy ) they only made them for the 97 model year and only in the 34' length? They appear to be very similar to the Limited trim level, just with some extra graphics and special colors. Very nice unit on Ebay.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
Member Slide Out Society

2004 28' Safari S/O
Zavalla , Texas Airstream Harbor
1997 Legend Series

Bob,
I am an owner of a 1st Series American Legend Airstream, Norman Rockwell...and I did see that particular rig for sale on ebay. It's the real thing...there were only 50 of them made...It's my understanding that the graphics for the side are still available, but it's probably best to check first just to make sure...

My rig is very similar to the one featured on ebay but has a Queen island bed in the back rather than the twins...

Hope you can make a deal on it...and welcome to Airstreaming..

Rockwell

Keep the Son In Your Eyes
Rockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Hi Rockwell, welcome to the forums!