Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Groveport , Ohio
Cool Mike and Sheila

The search for an Airstream began two months ago. We have traveled 1000 miles, seen 10 toads, missed out on 3 beauties!!!! Still seeking our dream ship!! We have been outbid on e-bay by Airstream barracudas (aka dealers). We are looking for a vintage trailer, up to 29 feet, just me and the little lady. Maybe someone could add direction to our compass. We feel caught up in an Airstream whirlwind. All help or suggestions will be appreciated. Have and great day and GOD Bless!!!
msterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Keep looking! You might contact the wbcci units near - ish your area and ask if anyone knows of trailers for sale or soon to be for sale.

Oh yeah - welcome to the forums.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Sequim , Washington
Your Dream Ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by msterry
The search for an Airstream began two months ago. We have traveled 1000 miles, seen 10 toads, missed out on 3 beauties!!!! Still seeking our dream ship!!
Your dream ship is certainly on it's way! Keep at it and it will find you. Welcome to the fourms.

DJ
DJ Bassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
awwww .... poor babies. are you looking at the smaller trailers as well? i have 3 in various sizes & will be selling one, whichever i can pry out of my gritty, polish-streaked hands first.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
We looked a loooooooong time!

Hi,

We looked a long time before we found just the "right" trailer! But it did happen! Yippie! It will for you as well.

I would suggest you look everywhere! Keep trying ebay, talk to WBCCI members, post here in the classifieds, check out your daily newspapers in your local area, check out the "penny saver" type papers in your area, also check daily on www.craigslist.com for your state and select the cities near you. You might also check the vintage airstream websites... lots of them have listings.

Keep on looking... you will surely find the perfect match!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1975 27' Overlander
fort wayne , Indiana
toads

some of my best friends are toads! i din't buy the exact airstream i wanted but couldn't pass up the "deal". i have looked for a long time. they are out their. you have to be very patient. i plan to keep mine for a long time or until the next good deal. and you will always have to fix them, no matter.

still looking,

crowbar.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:36 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums. The search is often a long one, we searched for almost a year before finding Chummy and we do not regret the wait. The perfect Airstream is waiting for you. One suggestion would be to contact RichardT here on the forums. He usually has a a collection of trailers for sale.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:21 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Dunsmuir , California
This may be too obvious but have you looked at the classified section of this site?

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
Courtesy Parking (W/S/E/Wi-Fi) on I-5 in Northern California, 70 miles from Oregon border
guy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
May have found one for you right here in OH - unless you want vintage. Ran across a 97 today - never seen anything like it. It's a 34" "American Tradition" Norman Rockwell Edition. Didn't ask the price or look inside - it's at Farber RV on Rte 36/37 above Polaris. Don't bother asking about the 1974 and 78 in the back - they won't sell them. Good hunting.....
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #10

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Finding the right AS

Don't forget to check out the classified section on the Airstreamer section of the Company website.

Brian
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Welcome to the forums, nice to see more folks from Ohio here! I live in Marysville. I know what you mean about looking for an Airstream, the wife and I looked for some time, even took some road trips. Finally, one day after returning from a trip to Waverly, OH to look at a '63 Overlander I was looking in the local paper and about fell of my chair. Listed was a '65 Overlander right here in our town! We immediately went to look at it and soon I was dragging it home.
There is a '67 31 footer for sale near me if your interested in something that size. I took a quick look at it recently, seemed to be in pretty good shape and the the asking price was very reasonable. I did not go over it with a close eye though. If interested, let me know. I'll get his number and can even meet you there to help inspect it and give you a realistic idea of what will be involved to get it roadworthy (if anything). I'm going to be offline after tomorrow for the next week or so as we are taking our Airstream and (finally!) GOING ON VACATION!!!!!! but I will check this thread and PM's tomorrow a.m. and when we return. Good luck in your search! --dave
Streamin 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #12
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamin 65
....... If interested, let me know. I'll get his number and can even meet you there to help inspect it and give you a realistic idea of what will be involved to get it roadworthy (if anything).......
What a nice thing to do! Isn't it great that there are still a few people who know the meaning of the term “neighbor”. Karma coming your way. Mike & Sheila, I think you just made your first forum cyber-friend. Good luck whatever you decide.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Groveport , Ohio
Yes, we would be intersted in any help available. We live in Columbus. Please send phone number if you have it. We are really looking for one a little bit smaller, but this one might be worth a look, as we learn something new with everyone we look at. Hope you enjoy your trip in your new Airstream. Safe travels. Mike and Sheila
Old 08-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Groveport , Ohio
Thanks for your advise concerning our Airstream search.
Mike and Sheila