Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Dublin 1 , Ireland
Hi there

I am in Ireland and am looking to buy a small trailer - a Bambi or a Caravel and ship it to Ireland. Can anybody recommend a good supplier of second hand trailers that need no work done. I am also looking for a contact in Southampton in the UK or in Dublin Ireland who will do whatever changeovers are needed such as tow hitch and brakes and lights. Finally I am looking for a reputable shipping company who will ship form the US to UK/Ireland who will pick the trailer up in the US and take it to port.

Many thanks

Kevin
downeykevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:34 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1960 22' Safari
Stamford , Rutland UK
Send a message via Yahoo to Maybricks
Hi Kevin

Give us a call we can help you out with all of your questions
Speak soon
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeykevin
Hi there

I am in Ireland and am looking to buy a small trailer - a Bambi or a Caravel and ship it to Ireland. Can anybody recommend a good supplier of second hand trailers that need no work done. I am also looking for a contact in Southampton in the UK or in Dublin Ireland who will do whatever changeovers are needed such as tow hitch and brakes and lights. Finally I am looking for a reputable shipping company who will ship form the US to UK/Ireland who will pick the trailer up in the US and take it to port.

Many thanks

Kevin

www.vintage-americana.co.uk

+44 (0)7984 662 532

Maybricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
edgawater , Maryland
Blind buying-

Hey ya-

I sell some tractors that go overseas. I'm in and out of the port and see these ones heading there. I'm not sure about where they come from, but most of these aren't worth the shipping costs. Thats fact.

I had a client in Holland, asked our sales guy to help him get one that he bought for 8500 bucks on EBay, from Tennesee to the port in Charleston or Baltimore. It came through our yard and sat here, and I can tell you- it wasn't worth $500. I know how much shipping is, and with all that as expenses, he was ripped off. If you're going to buy one, buy it from someone who KNOWS what they have- sellers are looking to feed their kids- they don't care about what you get, or what you think, and you can't come here to sue a guy for lying. If you're in Ireland, they're not worried about the reputation you can give them.

I live here, and I get lied to all the time when I go to see one. Seems people can't understand that all those big hunks of rust spell trouble- not "ready to go anywhere" like they tell ya on the damn phone.

Shipping is a bad story too- we have to fight to get tractors out, sometimes for months on end. Good luck, be careful.
oldbaggy is offline   Reply With Quote