Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #1

Lawton , Oklahoma
Smile Looking for a used Airstream

Hi, My husband and I are looking to purchase our very first Airstream. We would like something between 2003 and 2005. Needs to be no longer than 26 feet in length. Looking for twin beds, dinette in middle, with sleeper sofa. We have two small grand-daughters that we want to take with us on our trips. We live in Oklahoma and would be willing to travel most anywhere in the good old US of A to purchase what we are looking for, would love to hear from all. Thanks for your help!Rosemary
Rosebudj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome Rosebudj,

Glad to have you here with us and congratulations on your first post! There are several resources to help you in your Airstream search. I would suggest our classifieds, Craigslist, and ebay as good places to start your search.

- Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale

www.craigslist.org

www.ebay.com

We just purchased a rig using Craigslist as our primary seach mechanism.

Best of luck and welcome again.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Kingston , Washington
Welcome!! Good luck on your search. We purchased our first Airstream about a year and a half ago. After looking on all the resources mentioned above, we ended up getting one through Craigslist in Montana, about an 600 mile drive. My wife enjoyed the trip; we got there quick and took our time coming home. The Previous Owner (PO) let us stay a couple of nights in the trailer where they had it set up which allowed us to do some local sight seeing too. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
10Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 31' Classic
Nellysford , Virginia
Rosebudj,
Welcome aboard! Like you, we searched for our "perfect" Airstream. All the above are good resources, and you might like to look on rvtrader.com where we found ours. Don't be shy about expanding your "years" back to the mid-1990s if you find one in good operating condition. Also, don't be afraid of pulling 30 feet. We never owned a trailer of any kind before our wonderful Silver Otter. It's been a joy.
TAC VA-18 | Life Mbr ACI 1927 - Spirit of Virginia Club | AIR 53869
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Merkel , Texas
Continue to read this forum as you look

Glad you are looking to join the AS community as my wife and I joined just a short while ago and it is a very helpful and friendly group. Although I joined the group prior to getting an Airstream and read it some, after I bought it I read it even more carefully now. Each time I read about a problem or some feature, I run out and check mine to reassure myself it is all okay. So far it all has been. It would have helped to be a little more educated before making the decision. You have probably already found it but the section that is year and model specific is a great help to be aware of what to look for and be aware of. Good luck in your search.
afneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
Hello Neighbor!
Good luck on your search! We found our Vintage (what we wanted) right in our home town. Bid on one in OKC before we bought, which turned out for the best.
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hello and welcome to Airforums.com, Rosebud! You have lots of good information already on how to arrange your search. I thought I would add a link that will take you directly to the "Trailers Wanted" section, where you can post your wants for free.

WANTED - Trailers (All Years) - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale

You will need to log in, so just use the same user name and password you created to get here on Airforums.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need help with the Classifieds, we're here to help!

Aage is offline   Reply With Quote