Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2009, 08:04 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
Ringgold , Georgia
Another Pic

Here is an updated pic. There is actually a little red on it now but no new pics yet. I have run into an electical issue which means no A/C so painting is delayed at the moment.

As far as Auburn and Jimmy go. Nobody's perfect. He does use an Airstream trailer prominently in a few of his books.

Do you guys ever take the 'streams to the games?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream Inside 003_small.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	718.1 KB
ID:	82855  
Fletch88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #22
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Good looking work.

I don't take the Airstream to any of the games, but Nilesrob has a daughter at Auburn and he takes his to most, if not all, home games. When I was at Auburn, I don't recall seeing any towables at the games, but they may have been buried in among the motor homes and I didn't notice them. I do recall one Pace Arrow with a tag axle that came in on Thursday night or Friday morning early for every game and stayed 'till Sunday morning, IIRC. I do remember on Game Day the campus looked like it had snowed cars! They were everywhere and no place left to park.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #23
Power to the People !

1972 31' Sovereign
SAN DIMAS , California
Send a message via AIM to Maryw164 Send a message via Skype™ to Maryw164
Painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch88 View Post
Here is an updated pic. There is actually a little red on it now but no new pics yet. I have run into an electrical issue which means no A/C so painting is delayed at the moment.

As far as Auburn and Jimmy go. Nobody's perfect. He does use an Airstream trailer prominently in a few of his books.

Do you guys ever take the 'streams to the games?
What paint are you using on the endcap and tambours? Was it the ext. vinyl paint you mentioned? When painting the tambours did you use a roller, brush (reg/foam)? Painting the tambours didn't make them swell at all?

Any info would be helpful. I'd love to see pics of the encap and tambours when you finish.

Thanks, Mary
Forums member #29232
Check out my new Blogs (work in progress):
https://www.airforums.com/forums/blog...-maryw164.html

https://1972airstreamsovereign.blogspot.com/
Maryw164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:50 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
Ringgold , Georgia
Sorry to take so long to reply. Just got back from the "Maiden Voyage". I was still puting it back together at the campground. Everyone looked at us funny since the toilet was sitting out front the first couple of days.

I used the Sherwin Williams bonding primer and outdoor vinyl paint on everything. I painted the tambours both in place and taken out. I recommend in place. The ones I left in turned out much better. It is more tedious as you have to "push" the paint in at the top and bottom. You also have to be careful to paint a little dry so as not to get paint in you tracks. The ones I removed before painting I laid flat to paint and I had to "break" the paint loose where it made them stiff in between. Also they are easier to get out than to put back in. It's just not worth the extra work to take them out. I will include photo's of both over the weekend and you will be able to see what I mean about looking better when left in.
Fletch88 is offline   Reply With Quote