Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
The Mad Russian

1999 28' Excella
MAcon , Georgia
Let me introduce myself......

Hello all

We have been searching for an airstream for over 2 years.....Originally wanted to do an old one and re do it, but gave up on the search thinking better to do one already done. Once we gave up the search for an old one we found a 99 28 foot Excella that was optioned to the hilt, bit the bullet and bought it. So here I am and I am happy to join the A/S familly.

Trailer is in new condition, looks like the owner stored it inside and used it very rarely. So, I have plans for it to be upgraded ....the only awning that is not there is the back window street side, I have ordered this and will install when it comes in. I also plan on removing the carpet, although it is in perfect condition, and replacing it with natural color Bamboo flooring from the front to the back of the bathroom at the doorway to the bedroom. It has a rear queen so no real point to adding it back there plus I like to have wooly stuff under my feet when I wake up. I am sure there are many more things to do as I get through this.....but that will come later.

We have had the A/S for less than 2 weeks and have already spent 4 nights in it.....By the way it rules!

We live in Macon, Ga. and will be travelling tons so If you see a white ford dually pulling a 28 foot excella wave!

Bryan
Deanne.......wife who taked me into buying newer....
Carter ......14 month old son, bought the A/S for him really!
Sitka .......Our Siberian Husky who does not understand what a back seat is.

Looking forward to lots of adventure in the Twinkie......Stored in my heated warehouse along with the other toys, no winterizing or me.....if its not snowing we will be camping!

Regards
Bryan
Bryan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Bryan and family, welcome to the forums! Sounds like you got a sweet Airstream there - be sure to post some pictures when you get a chance.

By the way, I'm jealous of your heated warehouse!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
The Mad Russian

1999 28' Excella
MAcon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
Bryan and family, welcome to the forums! Sounds like you got a sweet Airstream there - be sure to post some pictures when you get a chance.

By the way, I'm jealous of your heated warehouse!
Pops always told me if at all possible .......keep the toys inside......they will last forever.

Thanks for the Welcome.

Bryan
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
Pops always told me if at all possible .......keep the toys inside......they will last forever.

Thanks for the Welcome.

Bryan
That would be a wise son who listened to his wise father. Welcome to the forum Bryan and family. I hope you have seen the informal rally we are holding at GA. Mountain Fair in Hiawassee April 20-22. It's going to be a blast.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome, Bryan. We are actually very friendly here. Please don't be afreaid to ask anything.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
welcome to all of you. you will find many friends and answers here. will definitely honk and wave if we pass you on the road. happy airstreaming!
airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Deanne Rocks!!

Bryan-

Welcome and congrats on your new Airstream...

Deanne deserves a Thank You for keeping you away from the "Full Monty" for your initial adventure... You saved more than half the price of a new one, got one loaded and in good condition, and can (will..) use it right away... Most of the original bugs should have been solved by now, and an occasional water heater thermostat or water pump or toilet valve replacement is no big deal... If you really get the urge to do mod work, you can always re-upholster the couch or dinette, in addition to the flooring plans... Far less challenging and time consuming than the "frame off restoration" being done by others.. (Not that there's anything wrong with that... )

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #8
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
OK, so I gotta ask. Mad Russian? Welcome to the forums. We're just up the road. Give us a call some time.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #9
The Mad Russian

1999 28' Excella
MAcon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan
OK, so I gotta ask. Mad Russian? Welcome to the forums. We're just up the road. Give us a call some time.

Jim
I am a wholesale Architectural Antiques supplier and used to do a lot of business in Russia, now mainly in Eastern Europe and Egypt.......and have been known to speak in a Mad russsian accent, from my speaking the language from business dealings in the past....only thing is now it only comes out after a few cocktails .... according to my wife.......So there you have it

Nostravia
Bryan
Old 03-08-2007, 05:15 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Congrats Bryan on your new purchase. With all the time you have on your hands due to not doing a complete rehab of a vintage unit you'll have to be spending more time out camping... how bad is that?
Hope we see you on the road soon..... perhaps in Hiawassee in April?
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote