Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Royal Oak , Michigan
Ladder?!? I always use the diving board!

Well my wife and I finally did it! We are now official Airstream owners!

Originally we planned on starting with an left over 2005 19' International that we saw on vacation - but once we saw pictures of the 75th Anniversary Bambi...it was all over! We just took delivery yesterday and are taking her on the maiden voyage this weekend.

Seeing the 75th Aniv. in person is nothing short of jaw-dropping! If anyone is on the Detroit area - you are welcome to stop on by. If I see you on the road - flag me down! I will happily pull over and give you the tour.

Robert & Sherri
RetroPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:54 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Santa Ana , California
WOW. How cool. That's quite nice. May I ask what you ended up paying for it?
"Life is like a box of chocolates..." Forrest Gump
Killo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Wow Robert & Sherri! Too cool, eh? What do I say? Pictures, pictures, pictures...

A hearty welcome to the forums by the way. The amount of information shared here will cut your learning curve in half -- two great decisions in just a few short months!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Congrats! I'm jealous! And welcome to the forums!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPalace
Well my wife and I finally did it! We are now official Airstream owners!

Originally we planned on starting with an left over 2005 19' International that we saw on vacation - but once we saw pictures of the 75th Anniversary Bambi...it was all over! We just took delivery yesterday and are taking her on the maiden voyage this weekend.

Seeing the 75th Aniv. in person is nothing short of jaw-dropping! If anyone is on the Detroit area - you are welcome to stop on by. If I see you on the road - flag me down! I will happily pull over and give you the tour.

Robert & Sherri
WOW! a 75th!! My dealer called me a few weeks ago and offered me THE David Winnick prototype of the 75th. They were going to take my '06 19CCD at full purchase price in trade for it, but I still had to come up with $25K. As much as I love the little beastie and the thought of owning the ONLY '06 75th prototype (all of the producion units are '07's) was most appealing, I figure that in the end, I can make mine over in it's image for $5-7,000.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
HDS
2 Rivet Member

Hi Robert,
why don't you bring your new AS and your family to the Metro-Detroit Forums rally at Apple Creek campground, August 4-6. You can show off your new coach and make us all real jealous and have a good time doing it. We'd love to have you. Congrats on your new Bambi and welcome to the boards.
HDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #7
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Oh man, that is one nice trailer. Congrats and welcome to the forums. Both new and retro, what a concept. May you enjoy it for many years and numerous travels.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
In my best Napoleon Dynamite impersonation;

"LUCKY!"

That is one neat trailer. Enjoy! PICS!
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Royal Oak , Michigan
thanks for the warm welcom

sorry for not posting pics - I am sure you have all been to the AS web-site and seen the 8-10 posted images...It looks just like it. A couple of things that do not show up well in the pictures is the floor - a retro black & white marbly vinyl, the size, replacing the fixed bed with an L couch really opens it up. There is plenty of room for 4 - 5 people to sit inside.

The only problem was the factory put the stereo & cd changer in the wrong place, making it impossible to access the changer. But the dealer switched them to make it work.

As for price - I HIGHLY reccomend the dealer in Southgate Michigan. Larry is very helpful and not looking to screw anyone on price. I am sworn to secrecy, but I can promise you I did not pay anywhere close to the MSRP.

Lewster - I envy you. I would have had a hard time turning down the ONLY 75th prototype...I would have been scared to tow it!

HDS - we will see you at the rally....praying for pull throughs!

Again, thanks for the warm welcome. Sherri and I are happy to be part of the family. You are all welcome under our awning anytime...we will have the grill on, the tikis lit, and the fruity drinks chillin'!
RetroPalace is offline   Reply With Quote