Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #1

newark , Delaware
Just looking in DE - need advice

I have been looking for an Airstream, just to see the inside, for a while. I live in northern Delaware. From all that I see, a 1970 or older 31'er is for me. It looks like enough room and it's a lot lighter. We will be traveling to Alaska this year with 2 St. Bernards and they take up a lot of real estate. I want to see how much head room, storage, etc for myself.

So far, I have not been able to see any at all. If anyone here has a longer, 27' +, is in or near north DE and wouldn't mind me snooping around a bit, please contact me.

Thanks,
Larry Tait
ltdontcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #2

newark , Delaware
OK, so here's the deal. I just traded a Suburban, 10 mpg on a good day, for a Sequoia, 15 mpg on the same day, and I don't want to trade it in. I can tow 6500 lbs with 650 tongue weight. That leaves me with a 24' ultra lite white thing that you see every day or up to a 31' AS with the built in cool factor. The 31' is a good thing because of the dogs and the pre '71 is good because of the weight.

If there are any longer AS's that I could see, that would answer a lot of questions that I have and ones that I have'nt thought of yet.

I don't know that looking at a new AS would do me much good because they are much wider and in 40 years, there have been a lot of changes.

What makes the '71 + heavier? the frame or the interior cabinets, etc?

Thanks,
Larry
ltdontcare is offline   Reply With Quote