It's been a while since I posted so figured I would give an update. I still have my globetrotter and am still working on putting her back together. It's been such a fun learning challenge. First let me start by saying that the biggest challenge that many pointed out as an impossible, has been conquered. The front compound curve panels on my airstream have been located and will soon be on their way to me. Segment 1,2 and 3 panels needed replaced from the tree impact and I found a supplier who had the exact ones to fit. The bottom panel needs replaced too but its a flat panel and a local sheet metal company has the exact gage and alloy used by airstream. I met a welder in town who actually has an English wheel but thanks to the compound curve panels I found I won't him. I found two guys here in town who can repair the body damage including weld the 2 structural rails that broke from impact. They can also lift the shell and replace the subfloor. They are both very qualified. One guy thats all he does it restore airstreams. i went to visit his shop and At the time he had a dozen or more in his shop including a 63 globetrotter
Now I just have to decide if I should replace the belly pan or just do away with it. Since Its going to be a guest house on my property I'm thinking I don't need it. If down the line I sell it and someone wants to take it on the road they always can add it. I almost have the entire airstream gutted. I've been doing it myself in my spare time. I took out all the interior shell and plan to rewrite it, re plumb it and insulate it. The journey continues. Will update with photos once the body works been done.