Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Dan

2013 25' FB International
Altadena , California
Smile Introduction - 2006 Bambi owner

Howdy..I just joined the forum because I am seeking an answer to a burning question about my Airstream....I will find the right forum to post it to in a sec but I wanted to stop by here and introduce myself

I am Dan, I live in So-Cal and my wife and I own a 2006 19' Bambi International CCD. It is the first and only RV I have ever had. I went from being a non RV'er to complete immersion in one purchase. I bought it in August of 2005 and I have used it about 10 times now and I LOVE it. I had always coveted them when I saw them on the road so one day in 2005 I decided it was time before interest rates started climbing back up.....and the rest is history!

So far I have camped in the desert, at the beach and in the mountains...I think that I like the desert best in the winter....

Anyway, Greetings! I hope I wasn't too chatty.
djfrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Too chatty? We hope you've only just begun! Hello Dan and welcome to the Forums. That's a nice view out your avatar/personal profile window. Can you store your Bambi at home? Do you get up into the Sierras?

Come back often, y'hear?!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
Dan

2013 25' FB International
Altadena , California
Smile chatty dan

Thanks Bob, yes I have a 170' driveway so I keep the Bambi in the rear yard under a carport....I modified a stock carport to increase the height and then I added shade cloth on the skirts so I can keep it cleaner and sun free. I took that pic at Lone Pine campground last August. The mountains in the view are indeed the Sierras and Mt. Whitney is just out of frame. Because of that trip I now own a 2004 F350 SD Diesel 4x4. I towed the Bambi up with a 2001 Benz ML55 and it DID NOT like the grade or the altitude...so I decided that day that I would never use it as a tow hevicle for the Bambi again. I specifically bought the diesel so that I would be able to continue to go high in the mountains with the Bambi. So far...so good!
djfrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Venice , California
Hi, and welcome! With regard to burning questions we'll do asbestos we can to answer them. Heated discussions may ensue and other hot topics may arise. Good advice will come at a blistering rate, and you'll have it down cold in no time.

'78 Excella 500,"The Silver Pullit". vacuum over hydraulic disc brakes, center bath, rear twin. '67 Travelall 1200 B 4X4 WBCCI 3737
Excella CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #5
USN/LAPD Retired

2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
Rivet

Just wanted to say....Welcome aboard DJ. As the guys above say, we offer a lot of FREE advise here. Some good, some bad. Bottom line is that you'll eventually find the answer here. Take care and remember.....
Where ever you go, there you are !

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote