Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
memphis , Tennessee
Introducing a hopeful Airstream owner

Hello to you, my new travel buddies. Having an Airstream has been in my dreams for many years but the reality has been in progress for about a year now...So, I am searching for the perfect fit for someone in the female category. Maybe a 16 to 19 footer would be managable for my abilities. Am so happy to find this site as i hope to learn much from you. Any advice is welcome. I am retired and luckily still able to pay today's price for gas!! grin
craig barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
A warm howdy and welcome to Airforums.com, Craig!

We can't wait till you buy some aluminum to go around all that gas you plan on buying!

When you do, be sure and post lots of photos for it.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
memphis , Tennessee
am having a little trouble getting to the classified sales site...can anyone tell this gal how to search ///where to search for owners who are wanting to up grade or just stay home for awhile and who will consider selling their Airstream? i may be wrong, but i think it better to buy from an individual than a commercial dealer. Am i off? Well, you really cannot answer that one until you know me better...then there would be no hesitation on your part...
Old 06-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Up near the top of this page is a row of choices to click on that have white backgrounds. Look across for the word Classifieds, then click on it.

You will need to log in there, using the same user name and pasword you used to get on here.

Scroll down the page and you will see a white "search" box. Also, the items are listed by their type, or age. There really aren't too many to just scroll your way through.

Enjoy!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
you'll find lots of help finding the right trailer here. some members even do courtesy inspections. some of the silver sisters can fill you in on even more details of life with the trailer.

one site not to miss is:
The Silver Snail :: fulltime roadtrip :: a location-independent, solo woman's full-time RV life in an Airstream trailer
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
memphis , Tennessee
thank you for taking your time to help me navigate...Are you travelling in your Airstream? Is it okay to ask which one you have? Not sure what is okay and what is not...can you guess i am new to this posting a message scene....as well as the Airstream owner chatting possibility...what a treasure....
Old 06-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
memphis , Tennessee
surely my top line is not different from the rest...but there is NO classified tag on mine..I have researched/visited them all and they are: Portal..usercp..clubs'groups..registry..blogs..gal lery..FAQ...members list(found myself)..rally calendar...new posts...search..quick links...chat room...log out...COULD THE CLASSIFIED be within any of these headings? Already I am so happy to be included in your helpful group...
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
memphis , Tennessee
please dont write me off yet....yes, i see the categories with the WHITE backgrounds now...sorry
Old 06-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #9

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig barton View Post
thank you for taking your time to help me navigate...Are you travelling in your Airstream? Is it okay to ask which one you have? Not sure what is okay and what is not...can you guess i am new to this posting a message scene....as well as the Airstream owner chatting possibility...what a treasure....
If you're looking at the full site (i.e. using a computer instead of a smartphone via the mobile app) you may notice that many of us display which trailer(s) or moho(s) we own to the left of each post because it's in our profile information. I, for example, have a '75 Argosy24. Some of us also have more info in the "signature" area below our posts. I'm a classic example of the too-much-info crowd, as you can see. I doubt you'll find any one of us who's the least bit hesitant to tell you what kind of trailer we have, what kind(s) we want, why each of our trailers is the very best model you could possibly have, etc.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
here is a link to the classifieds:
- Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale

as to which trailer is best for you depends on many things. how light you travel is a big factor. it you need three seasons of clothes you'll want more closet space etc.

you might want to look at a site like colonial airstream that shows the trailer layouts on their site.
http://www.colonialairstream.com/main.html

some people like the bedroom in the front and some do not.

the older and newer/smaller are narrower.

you might want to drop in on a rally near you and mingle a bit :-)

are you buying a tow vehicle or have one that you want to use?
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Good luck finding yours! We are still looking for ours. There was an adorable smaller one on the Atlanta craigslist this week... We are searching for a longer older one. You are a female, you said? Cool name! I am too, "skatiero" is my childhood nickname but it's really Katie.
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote