Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
MarbleGuy

2007 28' International CCD
Hayward , California
Howdy!

Hi everyone. My wife Jean and I just purchased a new Airstream in May and have made several trips in it. We're both new to the r.v. world but are enjoying it immensely. We've taken a short trip from Hayward, CA to Paso Robles and then we've just returned from a longer trip to Montana and back. Everyone we met along the way has been great and while we choose to make short runs during the day, stay off the major interstates and set up camp early, we don't cover a lot of ground quickly but we sure relax and have a good time and as we're in no hurry, get to sleep in late the next morning and have a nice leisurely breakfast before breaking camp.

The Airstream is a great piece of equipment that we really appreciate and love. It's a pity however that the dealer we purchased it from (East Bay RV in Martinez, CA) is so dishonest and incompetent and lacks any skilled professionals familar with the Airstream line. It's further very disappointing that Airstream, Inc. supports these types of dealers, allowing them to represent their product in such a disreputable fashion. However, on a brighter note, I'm extremely fortunate enough to be blessed with the ability to fix anything their clowns can screw up. It just takes time, money and more time. Shame on Airstream, Inc. for not supporting their customers and honoring their warranties.

My apologies for the diatribe, but I just had to get that out. I'll whine no more.

Isn't it amazing how people are attracted to the Airstreams? How they try to crane their necks to get a look in or drop subtle hints to see inside? Sometimes I feel like a tour guide taking people through a little bit of Americana. Especially since Jean decked it out with all things '50's. It's her doll house and she had a ball with it.

Alright kids, that's all I know for now. Happy Trails!

Keith
AG Amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Was the trip to Paso for A/S related issues? Sky River RV is reported to be pretty good.
By the way, welcome to the forums!
If you're feeling like another trip down this way, there is an A/S rally at lake San Antonio in October, You'd be more than welcome - check the rally calendar at the top of the page.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #3
MarbleGuy

2007 28' International CCD
Hayward , California
The trip to Paso was to visit some horses we have at Rancho San Miguel, just outside of town. We have a mare there with a soon to be 2 year old colt and a soon to be 1 yr old filly. We used to just shoot down there and come home on the same day, now with "the babe" we can make a week-end out of it. I'll check out the rallies. Good info. Thanks.

And thank god the fire's out. Later! Keith
AG Amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:23 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome to the forums, Keith and Jean! Sounds like you are loving your Aristream just like the rest of us! They are rather addictive. Glad you could join the love-fest!

You've find a reliable dealer to help you out eventually...they do exist!

Many Happy Trials!
TB
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
If I were you I would feel better writing to Airstream and telling them pretty much what you have said here. You have a wonderful way with words and would be someone they may take very seriously. Any business depends on customer support and Airstream cannot continue to ignor complaints if customers will make them. I'm not saying anything will be done immediately; however, this forum reaches a lot of customers and potential customers. If there are bad dealers out there, people should know. Just give them the facts of your experience with this dealer. I know I appreciate knowing which dealers are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote