Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Burlington Flats , New York
Smile Hope to be an Airstream owner..........

Hi, We're new to this site, as well as to the idea of owning an Airstream. We've had 2 different pop-ups over the years and this last season's mouse damage has done me in. We've talked with a few different owners,seen different size trailers, etc. I've also looked at the Airstream Classified. Now that our children are grown, we're looking for a 19' -21' trailer. It seems like you just have to be in the right place at the right time to get a good (affordable) used one.
Looking forward learning from everyone and hopefully finding our very own Airstream!
angellhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
1978 31' Sovereign
Mansfield , Georgia
Well come to Airforums. There is a ton of information here about different models of Airstreams and Airstream componets. Some of the most knowledgeable Airstream owners on the planet come here and share their experience. There is even a section about Airstream owners who volunteer to help less experienced Airforums user in inspecting a trailer before purchase.
KeithC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Tuscola , Texas
I found a another website to be very helpful for finding airstreams. This site allows you to search Craigslist nationwide or by region. allofcraigs.com - Search ALL of Craigslist
saburkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1971 25' Caravanner
Olathe , Kansas
Welcome and good luck with your search. You have certainly come to the right place for help. I am a new owner of an old AS and have learned a TON just by reading here. The people here are very helpful with any questions.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:27 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Wiarton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Welcome and good luck with your search. You have certainly come to the right place for help. I am a new owner of an old AS and have learned a TON just by reading here. The people here are very helpful with any questions.
I totally agree, we just bought ours yesterday after wonderful pointers and help all week. Welcome to the forum, you are good hands here.

We just bought a '66 Safari 22 Airstream yesterday! We were the first to email the kijiji ad about 5 minutes after it was listed, and we put a wanted ad in just a few days before. They were emailing us with their listing while we were replying to theirs that we had seen ourselves. You have to be fast. A lot of people seem to put listings up at 10-11pm maybe when the kids are in bed? We also were first in line for another the same way, but it looked in poorer condition in the pictures.

Luckily the PO went in order of replies, as we live 2 hours from them. I just saved the kijiji search for 'airstream' in 'all ads' after clicking on 'recent posts' so the most recently listed items were at the top of the first page and pressed ctrl-D to make a book mark and save to your Toolbar not bookmark.

It means if you are online and doing other stuff you can keep opening up that page right on the right search and see was was listed, it's way faster. We did ours for the whole province of Ontario, but you could put your mile range around your city too and see what comes up.

I am so excited. we know we will have a project to do, but it will be fun to do and fun when it's done. I hope you find your baby soon!
Shiny Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote