Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Poway , California
Hi! New Here

Hi All
I'm Giovanna
Mom of 2, married in mid-30's. I'm also a home-based business owner in direct sales geared toward people who love to cook and entertain.

I'm currently looking for the right Airstream for our family. I'm thinking that something in the Classic family will work best for us and of course, we'll want the solar and entertainment options full work up!

I'm a Reiki Practicioner and working on becoming a Reiki Master. I make jewelry and am a nature photographer by hobby. I show my art in a local gallery in my hometown in So. Arizona.

I have bigger travelling dreams than my husband does, but he does like to travel. It's the hotel and airline headaches that get to him, so I think that getting out on the open road and travelling in a home away from home would make it more appealing to him. But it's getting him to try it that's the trick. I'm doing it one way or another though because my kids will benefit greatly from seeing America from this perspective and it's been a dream of mine since my own childhood.

So that said, I'm going for it. Dreams are going to be fulfilled, my children will have fun and learn from it and hopefully my husband will join in the merriment.

Now I just need to find the right Airstream for us at the right price. Our local dealer is supposedly by appointment only and not returning my several contact requests, so I may just have to walk in and politely demand a tour.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
Port Orchard , Washington
Thumbs up Welcome

You will find every piece of info about Airstreams you need right here.
Just ask and in a very short time you will have the answers.

Again, HOWDY..
catson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey PeaceGirl! Welcome to another Tucsonan!

Are you talking about Oasis RV as your local dealer? If so, I'm surprised. That's where we bought our AS and we've found them very helpful and willing to answer questions...it may be better to go there and just look over things and talk to them...it is are a very busy place, but you can look around at the Airstreams they have available at the moment on your own with no pressure, then ask any specific questions you may have. It is a very low key place...

Good luck in finding the AS for you and getting your husband and family out on the road with it...you're in for a great time!

See you down the road,
TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Welcome "girl",
I have the same problem, opposite gender.
I'm more of a camper than my wife - she does enjoy it once we get camping. A lot of her hesitancy is the getting ready to go.

Take him to the dealership and get him in a trailer.
Are you looking for new or well loved?
Good luck in your search and keep us updated.
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #5

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Hi Giovanna, welcome to the forum!

My husband was pretty sceptical about the trailer to begin with too. We decided to buy a vintage unit, so if it didn't work out we wouldn't have so much money invested. Turns out he loved it, and we use it a lot.

Good luck, and I hope you find the trailer you're looking for!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #6

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

We were both sketical when we decided to buy Lucy (our '05 25FB) in June of 2006. After 210 nights of camping and 30,000 miles traveled, we think that we like her and are going to keep her.

We love travel by Airstream. Our only regret is that we did not discover it sooner.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' International CCD
St. Pete Beach , Florida
Hi! I am also a mom of 2 (ages 11 & 13) and my husband was also slow coming to the party. My husband also travels a lot for work and got to hate hotels too. During the summers, when he would travel I would take trips with friends and their kids. Inexpensive, camping adventures. Kayaking, tubing and surfing. Finally, he joined us on a few treks and started to appreciate the whole thing. We went from tent camping to airstream pretty quickly once he got on board. Now, he's loving the whole thing. I too have big ideas. I just make plans and then tell him that as long as they work with his schedule, we can do "blah blah blah". No pressure. So far, so great. Last weekend while sitting around the campfire, I told him about a "spring break possibility". He's very excited. Good luck to you. I'm having a great time playing with my family.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Bertram , Texas
Welcome aboard!
Most of our camping when the kids were in the nest was either tenting or in the old boat. Wish I had the airstream back then! Hope you find the one that matches your wishes.
My better half runs a bead and gem shop in her spare time. Love crating jewelery. So far I figure for every three dollars speant we now make atleast one...an improvement over the years
If you are loooking for a vintage Airstream do your homework. Most everything...err...everything ya need to know is on this site.
Good luck,
terry n rob