Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1962 24' Tradewind
Colorado Springs , CO
Hi, I'm craig, and I'm an alumiholic.

I made a few posts already but wanted to official say Hi and that I am amazed at the size and enthusiasm of the community, from restorations to the politics (WBCCI/VAC), there is no shortage of reading material here.
I have 2 questions though:
  • My number in red is 2333. Not sure of the official name for those numbers up there but I've heard some people are really into those things (me too ), but is there a way I can research those numbers?
  • If I see an AS on the road, I might not be able to catch the folks driving, but I could write down their "Red Numbers", right? Then later, get online and find out who they are and email them and say "hey, this is 2333, I saw you on Pike's Peak...are you insane?"...or something like that. Is there a forum already that enables that type of communication? (just via the numbers) I think that would be cool.
I am "refurbishing", now that I know what that means thanks to the forum, my brand-spanking new 1961 Tradewind. It was too rotted to "preserve" and to impractical to "restore". Here's one of my 4 kids that I am making room for!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ember Peeking.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	26283  
2333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
"Peek A Boo!"

Welcome to the Forum! Adorable little one!

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 05:28 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I just looked it up in my 1965 directory. Looks like that number was owned by Ray and Edna Paulsen of Sun City Arizona that year. Since yours is a 61 it is likely that the unit you have was owned by them but we can not be sure. Someone else may have bought an old unit and been assigned that number in the intervining years. If you chose to join the WBCCI, you can request that your new membership number could be the same as the old number on your unit, if that number has not already been handed out to someone else. I did it. No, there is no forum that allow communication just be the number. The new WBCCI directory for 2007 will list the email addresses for those members who wish to publish them. You would have to manually look up the number in the back of the book to get their last names and then look in the front of the book to find their email address. You would then have to manually enter that into your email program.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:48 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. 2333 is not shown as being in use in the 2006 WBCCI Directory. This does not mean that it has not been assigned recently. There's probably a fair chance that it's still available.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:36 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
can you look up my number too?

My 1960 Tradewind has 866 on the front . . . can you look in your directory to see if you find a name? My original Warranty/Registration Certificate lists S.B. Torrence from Ohio as the "Warranty Holder".
Thanks, MarkR
(oh and I'm an alumiholic too . . . actually this web site is what has me addicted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi
I just looked it up in my 1965 directory. Looks like that number was owned by Ray and Edna Paulsen of Sun City Arizona that year. Since yours is a 61 it is likely that the unit you have was owned by them but we can not be sure. Someone else may have bought an old unit and been assigned that number in the intervining years. If you chose to join the WBCCI, you can request that your new membership number could be the same as the old number on your unit, if that number has not already been handed out to someone else. I did it. No, there is no forum that allow communication just be the number. The new WBCCI directory for 2007 will list the email addresses for those members who wish to publish them. You would have to manually look up the number in the back of the book to get their last names and then look in the front of the book to find their email address. You would then have to manually enter that into your email program.

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi
I believe 3 digit numbers are reserved for officers. None above 30000. I just tried to get 174(AIR#), 70131(ZIP Code), 2005(Year) and a few others. Jodi at WBCCI worked with me via email. I ended up with 5131 which is what she assigned as I gave up trying to find a custom number.

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
I'm not trying to use 866 (and the numbers are worn off) I just wanted to find "history" on the trailer. I wonder if the 3 digit numbers were always "officers" or if that is a more recent rule.

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is offline   Reply With Quote