Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2006 22' International CCD
Belchertown , Massachusetts
Hi! I'm a new member

My husband and I just purchased our first Airstream ('06 22' International CCD) and we are so excited to take it out the first time. We're going to have to wait a few weeks til we get a free weekend, but plan to "camp out" in our driveway this first weekend! May sound silly, but I'll bet a few of you have done that for kicks!

We are so impressed with all we have read about Airstreamers and look forward to meeting many of you on the road. We live in New England and have seen relatively few Airstreams on the road around here...it will be fun to go to our first rally or AS park, or even just flash the headlights at other Airstreamers on the road.

We have 2 dogs who will be travelling with us - can't leave the most important family members at home! I am a part-time potter and on long trips I may even haul a portable wheel and some clay along with me so as not to lose studio time. There are so many natural places I find inspiring to my clay work, so why not?

Thanks to all of you for the information we learned in our research about Airstream. All was most helpful.

Be seeing you......
riverstreet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Hi riverstreet2 and welcome to the forums.Many of us have camped out in the driveway when we first get our trailer,doesn't everyone?
There are lots of New England Airstreamers on these forums.Get out and enjoy your Airstream,even if its just in the driveway for starters.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Real test

Hi Riverstreet2,

Yes many of us as newbies first camped in the drivewy. But the real test of your enthusiasm; did you set up with the awning out? If you did, congratulations, you are official...if you didnt...you gotta do it over to get full credit. Of course if you want extra credit, all you have to do is light up a fire ring on the driveway.

Welcome,

John
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Congratulations rivertstreet2! You are so going to enjoy Airstreaming. About bringing that wheel . . . . that is just too cool. What better place to throw pots than in the great out-of-doors.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:11 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Congratulations to you on your new aquisition, both of you and your dogs are going to love it! Welcome to the forum also, it is a great place to exchange ideas and "meet" people.
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote