Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Wiarton , Ontario
Thanks Alumaholic fr the heads up. Maybe you can have good look at it Chris. I thought it was odd it kinked out not in, but I figure we better fix it before if it gets worse, not once we have all the rest done! It seriously is the only dent we could see in the skin.

As far as we know we are still on for 24th. I am so excited. Steve you'll have to come a take a look right after while we still remember everything the guys said!

Check out our new Blog Vintage '66 Safari Airstream Trailer
Shiny Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #22
dr-quest

1973 23' Safari
1965 20' Globetrotter
Wiarton , Ontario
Thumbs up Love to come

That would great, Id love to see a 66 and hear what the guys tell you. Oh and sorry forgot about your earlier question. I brought mine home from the other side of Owen Sound. It sat solid for three years there and two years in a barn near there. No lights or license so it was back roads and I made a wrong turn down a wicked road thats closed all winter, and it towed great. So I hope your pickup goes as smooth.
All the best Steve
dr-quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Wiarton , Ontario
Steve, you did go through the 2 big hills and swamp near Francis Lake did you? That's our back-road to Owen Sound, summer only. That certainly is a back road. At least it was not too far, sounds like a good thing too! Thanks for the wishes, I can't wait. I guess I'll believe it when we have it home and in the driveway!

Chris, thanks for the polishing advice, I guess it will just depend, might be best done in stages then a quick once-over when all done to get them all the same. I know I want a bit polished just to dream over in the early days. Sound like quite the frame repair Chris.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #24
flygrrl

1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
Thumbs up More Ontario members, YAY

Welcome, congrats on the new baby! Looks like a keeper. I am happy to see our Ontario membership going up. I live south of Ottawa, but am looking forward to attending an Ontario get together when Bubbles has finished her chassis (do they call that a Brazilian lift-how many is in a brazillion?-sorry, off topic)and face lift.
Too bad there are no spanx for Airstreams.
I have checked out your blog and will check in to see the progress. Awesome!
Leonie
flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Wiarton , Ontario
Hi Leonie! Great to meet you! Maybe we will meet in person one day, when the makeovers are done, or even half done, why not?

I have been to Winchester, and ahve a good friend in Spencerville! My sis lives in Ottawa and I was looking online at the AS dealership there, thinking I maye have drop in, and Princess Auto! We have family in the two Ontario AS dealership cities We might have to go for a visit and a drool, though I am sure I can order gaskets and sealer just as well online! Just not as much fun!

I am looking forward to getting our baby home T-2 weeks. I will take lots of pics and lots of entries on the blog, even though we have to get this farm ready for winter! I am so looking forward to meeting the AStreamers on the way home too!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Wiarton , Ontario
OK, so we are still on for Sat 24th! Talked with the owners of our (as yet unamed) baby, and all is well at their end. We are going to an all day wild mushroom ID course at the Guelph Aboretum on the Friday, then staying over then picking her up first thing! Woohoo! I can't wait! I will probbaly post a video on the blog as we go over her when we get home, or the next day!!

Old 09-17-2011, 04:52 AM   #27
dr-quest

1973 23' Safari
1965 20' Globetrotter
Wiarton , Ontario
Thumbs up Smooth sailing

All the best on your return voyage
Steve
dr-quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Wiarton , Ontario
Thanks Dr. Quest. Tomorrow is the big day! I cant wait

Old 09-23-2011, 08:07 PM   #29
x

XXXX , XXXX
Hi Claire I heard from Doug and he can't make it here this weekend. His wife Terry has injured herself so they can't make it. I'm so looking forward to seeing your 66 and meeting you both.
wasagachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Wiarton , Ontario
We are sorry to hear that and hope Terry is feeling better soon. We are excited to get our girlie and meet you. We have the directions so are good. Picking her up around 9:30 in Guelph, I imagine we'll be a good hour picking her up and chatting with the POs!! Then hopefully the trip up is good. Mount Forest has construction/detours and we'll take the truck route, it's less bendy and windy! I hope it all goes smoothly! See you tomorrow!

Old 09-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Wiarton , Ontario
Well we have Rachel home! Safe and sound, we had the doors taped, and they were still on when we got home! As were the wheels and tires. Very smooth ride anyway!

It was great to meet you today Chris. We learned a ton about our girl and your handsome Excella! We have no idea where the time went, but it flew! I am sure we will be seeing you again. Sorry we missed you Doug. Hope Terry is feeling and doing better soon. I'll post pictures tomorrow, I have lots. I think I'll start a new thread.

Tags
introduction, opinions, 1966 Safari