Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Smile Hi from Pacific NW

We will be picking up our 2012 International Serenity 28' on Friday. Looked at getting pre-owned but got offered a good price for last years model.
We are both reading everything here and in manuals that we can. You all have the best advice and I will most likely lurk, but wanted to let you know how invaluable all the posts have been with our decision to go Airstream.
We have an Old English Mastiff and a little mixed dog (originally our daughters) that will be traveling with us so the size of the open space was important-a Mastiff does take up some room and needs to be able to turn around sometimes
Hope to learn lots more from you and thanks!
Jeni
Swenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Bothell , Washington
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Did you get it from the Airstream dealer in Covington? I'm up in Bothell myself, and was wondering what you thought of your experience with them? My wife and I are beginning a search for an Airstream, and would like to check them out.
BlackBirdCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Yes, we did buy at Covington. Everyone we dealt with was very knowledgeable and never acted like we were a bother even though we had many questions (we are not experienced in any aspect of camping) CJ is the sales manager and we dealt with both Steve and Craig. I would definitely recommend them-my husband calls almost daily with more questions and they are always great with the help.
Good luck in your search-hope to meet you in person out on the road!
Jeni
Old 09-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Kirkland , Washington
Welcome Jeni, we're in Kirkland! We've been having a great time camping here in the NW. Where do you plan to take it for it's maiden voyage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBirdCD View Post
Did you get it from the Airstream dealer in Covington? I'm up in Bothell myself, and was wondering what you thought of your experience with them? My wife and I are beginning a search for an Airstream, and would like to check them out.
Before you commit, I'd suggest talking to Mark at Sutton RV in Eugene. We bought our second from him and the experience (and deal) was so much better.
Nick
AlumFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
My husband has a golf tournament in Chelan in a couple of weeks so that will most likely be our maiden voyage.
We did consider getting our AS from dealers further away but preferred doing business locally : )
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2009 19' International
Woodinville , Washington
Chelan

When you go to Chelan I would suggest Beebe Bridge Park on the Columbia River below Chelan. It is a public utilities district park with full hookups, grass, paved pads and roads, plus super clean bathrooms and free hot showers. Ten minutes to Chelan.

"It's like magic, only real"
(Bud Light commercial)

Women and cats can do as they please, while men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.(R. Heinlein)
50KIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50KIP View Post
When you go to Chelan I would suggest Beebe Bridge Park on the Columbia River below Chelan. It is a public utilities district park with full hookups, grass, paved pads and roads, plus super clean bathrooms and free hot showers. Ten minutes to Chelan.
Thanks for the suggestion DonS-I looked it up and we will check it out.
Jeni
Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Here is a picture of Bentley and the Airstream on our first trip (Beebe Bridge Park on Columbia River, Washington State)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0166.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	488.7 KB
ID:	169827