Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #1

Altoona , Pennsylvania
Hey whats up.

I am a 64 year old person wgo likes to drive a truck. I work for a company that delivers food to some of the best places to eat.
I have seen the counrty from Maine to Florida, from the Alantic to the Mississippi. You can see I have been blesed . I have the honor to know a lot of people over the years. Now that I would like to see what I have missed, I thought it could be nice to do it in a Airstream. I must tell you that I have never stood in one. I am 6'2" and was told that it is small in side of one, so some day I will find out. Untill then I will enjoy reading all about the airstream and ask a question or two.
jtrex43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG

2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Hi and welcome. You found a great place to learn

My hubby is 6' and has no problem inside our '08 Safari (except a poorly placed light fixture in the shower). I believe the twin beds are longer than the queen, so that might be a better option. I am sure someone else will chime in on the interior heights of vintage units.

Colonial Airstream Colonial Airstream - Airstream's #1 Volume Airstream Dealership, New Jersey, RV, Travel Trailers, Motor Homes is about 5 hours east of you. They have a lot of Airstreams on hand so you can walk around in them, try the various features on for size, etc. Since you enjoy driving, consider a visit

Though I never drove a truck professionally, besides loving my Airstream, I LOVE to drive my new heavy duty diesel truck! What a blast!

What do you have for towing with? That will help determine what is possible. If you don't have a TV yet, consider waiting 'till you pick your unit to get one (or go HD like I did!), so you won't be in a bind later.

Enjoy the journey, keep reading, and get inside some when you can.

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
jtrex43,
Weclome aboard and good luck in your seach for an Airstream. Since you are in Altoona you may also want to check out Airstream of Western PA. You may also find one or two left at DJ RV in Danville, PA. They stopped selling Airstreams last year, but they still have two 2007 models on their lot (they could not compete with the volume that Colonial sells).

If you ever get in the neighborhood you may also want to check out Penn Wood Airstream Park. There are quite a few years and models there to look at. The people are friendly and will be more than happy to show off their aluminum treasures. We keep a permanent site there.
TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #4

Altoona , Pennsylvania
Roman cat,
Thanks for your reply. I have a 2001 Dodge with a 6'bed. I know it will be to small for what I wount. It has a 318 with the chip out. You sayed you had a diesel pick up truck. I know if would drive a big diesel you would love it. I have been driving for 28 years and have over a milliom miles without an accident, and still had a lot of fun. I am sure I will find something that I like and then there will be lots of questons.
Sea ya later,
Jim
jtrex43 is offline   Reply With Quote