Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
Pinole , California
Hello, we now have an '05 Safari 28W!

Greetings from Pinole, Ca. My hubby and I have just purchased our third A/S. Think we have it right this time. Our previous '99 31 Limited was a little too big and too fancy, our 2000 Bambi 19' was too small and now we are very happy with our '05 28' Safari! Sounds like Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
On our first trip out. we were on our way to Sisters Oregon when our A/S seemed to spring a leak. At a rest stop, I noticed water draining out of the front of the A/S. Turns out, the previous owner had an on-demand water heater put in behind the shower. It blew and flooded the unit. The upholstery reminded me of a sponge...and the water left lots of marks and water lines.
It is currently at Toscano's in Los Banos. Had the heater removed as we feared that it would happen again. Plan on having it re-upholstered and wonder if anyone has any suggestions. There is a place down that way that can do the work. We're hoping for the best and will order fabric from A/S.
Glad to join this forum and hope to meet some of you at future rallies.

Cheers,

Earl and Shirley (Hogg)
Shirley C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
1996 34' Classic

1996 34' Excella
Culpeper , Virginia
We have a '03 22' Intl and are thinking of up-sizing to a 28' within the next year or so. I'm curious about what you're using for a TV.
Thanks
FT
Fair is where they put ribbons on pigs.
FordTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Hi Earl and Shirley, welcome to the forums! Congrats on your new Airstream, but sorry about your rotten luck on your first trip out. Hopefully you got the worst out of the way! Good luck with your renovations - now you have the chance to upholster in any color you want. Keep us posted on how things go.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Hi guys and welcome in.

Sorry about the flood. Did you name your trailer "The Ark?"

As a fellow Californian you are in luck. We do tons of rallies. You can find our rallies under the names: Norcal and Calstreamers.

They would not let us tell the truth and call ourselves. "A bunch of loons having a great time."

No club, dues or membership.

You are invited to join in whenever we throw a rally.

There's one in Oct. near Paso Robles and another in Nov. in Kernville so look it up under upcoming rallies and hopefully we'll see you there.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #5
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Welcome to the forums and sorry about the leak. We started off with a string of bad luck ourselves (a guard rail, a deer, and broken safety chains, oh my) but now we go without incident so don't feel like you bought bad luck. You know what they say about rough starts!

We have the mid-night sun upholstery and it really doesn't show any dirt...and that is with two pre-teen boys and a spastic two year old cocker spaniel! It is a current interior upholstery and is a popular decor so you shouldn't have any trouble getting the fabric from Airstream. Good luck with the re-upholstery job.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
Pinole , California
Just waiting to bring her home!

Hello all, Great to hear form you! Foremost is handling our water damage claim and thankfully I took lots of pix which have expedited the process.

Dave Morse at Toscano RV is the greatest and is assisting us with all of this. Have decided to choose "Midnight Sun" as the new upholstery package. Glad to hear that it is a good choice. Planning on adding a 15" flat screen TV which we will mount over the dinette which is traditional in this model. We will re-inforce the wall with some sort of panel if necessary and then install another towel rack in the bathroom to cover. We really can use an extra one!
Hubby wants the A/S folks to install the wall mount.
By the way, we have worked with Dave since 1999, when we purchased our first A/S (31' Limited) and he has been terrific ever since. Three cheers for Dave!! Carlos is another favorite...as a tech he is the BEST!! We always choose him and are so pleased that he's been there for so many years.
Dave tells us that they have an excellent upholstery guy. Looking forward to seeing the finished unit. Our next trip will be to Orleans, Ca. on the Klamath River, where it meets the Trinity. We stay at the Klamath River RV Park which is fantastic and I would highly recommend. Fishing is super for Salmon and Steelhead. Come on with us!

Best from,

Earl and Shirley
Shirley C is offline   Reply With Quote