Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Richmond , British Columbia
Smile Hello ~ We are newbies & currently is looking for an AS

Hello All

Thank you for this Forum and let us learn & know more about AS, we are looking to purchase a 23' or 25' FB or International used one.

Hopefully we will get one which we desired.

We are living in Vancouver BC and noticed that no a lot of dealers here selling AS and we are willing to go down to Seattle to shop for one if good deal coming up.

Lately I found a post at Kijiji abt a 27' FB which think it sounds like a good deal

Airstream 27FB Flying Cloud RV +++ 27 Bumper Pull Travel Trailer | travel trailers, campers | Vancouver | Kijiji

I sent a post to the seller and got his reply via email almost 2 weeks later quoted as following:

Sorry for my late answer but your message went to my Spam box. It is still available. Fігѕt οf аll і hаvе tο lеt уοu knοw thаt і аm nοt а trailer сοnnοіѕѕеuг, but і'll tгу tο dеѕсгіbе іt with mу bеѕt knοwlеdgе. Αссοгdіng tο аn аuthοгіzеd dеаlег, thе trailer іѕ іn οutѕtаndіng сοndіtіοn. Itѕ сοndіtіοn іѕ ехсеllеnt wіth nο іѕѕuеѕ аt аll. Αll thе аpplіаnсеѕ аге іn wοгkіng сοndіtіοn. Сlеаn іntегіοг hаѕ nο unplеаѕаnt οdοгѕ οf аnу kіnd. Маіn flοοг dοеѕn't ѕhοw ѕсuffѕ аnd blеmіѕhеѕ. Тhеге аге nο гοοf lеаkѕ οf аnу kіnd. Тhеге іѕ nο wаtег dаmаgе. Ехtегіοг ѕhіnеѕ nісе, сοlοгѕ lοοk gοοd. Аll the mаnuаlѕ аге аvаіlаblе. It hаѕ а сlеаг аnd сlеаn tіtlе, fгее οf аll lіеnѕ аnd еnсumbгаnсеѕ.
Тhіѕ wаѕ mу fаthег'ѕ trailer, who гесеntlу pаѕѕеd аwау, ѕο і knοw іt hаѕ bееn regularly serviced and аlwауѕ pгοpегlу mаіntаіnеd. Since I got married, I mοvеd οut and I used to come there only occasionally. Тhе vегу bіg dіѕtаnсе, mу kіdѕ аnd mу јοb аѕ a dοсtοг, dοеѕn't аllοw mе tο сοmе thеге οftеn but that will not affect our transaction in any way as long as I am selling it through ECS. I believe that, if you buy or sell online often, you know what ECS is but if you don't, I'll bе glаd tο wаlk уοu thгοugh thе pгοсеѕѕ.

This is all I have to say, to begin with, but if you are interested in buying the trailer and want more pictures or details about it and also about the sale, just let me know and I will shortly answer.
Thank you in advance!

Unquote

Now my question is how trustworthy for this deal will be as so afraid it is a fraud or spam

Need some advice. As this deal stayed the trailer is in Vancouver which sound attractive as in our local area but how can we prepare for the inspection etc.

I hope the forum member can help me with input thanks in advance.

Mary&Kent
Mary&Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
It sounds like a fake to me, but to be honest, I have no idea who ECS is.

I would only buy a trailer I could see, and could also see its papers.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
This sounds to me like a scam because for a doctor, his grammar and sentence structure are kinda poor. Also scams seem to have some unusual circumstance as an excuse for the owner being unable to show you the trailer, being in a different place, etc. In a way, his description also sounds almost like a generic one that would actually fit a white box trailer rather than an Airstream, for example, "main floor," "no roof leaks," etc.

Have you checked to see if there is a Vancouver Forum member who would look at it for you, evaluate its condition disinterestedly, and maybe get a line on the scam, if it is one?

I hope I'm wrong.... Good luck!

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #4
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Run away.

Welcome!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Thanks Aage & Vivian

Its sound something for me, in curiosity I do reply to him and asked him for his relative, friends who are in town can show me the AS thus also asked him for the VIN # to perform a title search.

Dont know whether these will work and will see how his reply

Mary
Old 06-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #6
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Good luck with your search. I believe that Midtown RV in Penticton, BC now carries Airstreams. But you may have to travel to locate the one you want.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #7

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Let us know how it goes. Everything about that response sets off my 'scam' alarms!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:28 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
I agree with the others, this sounds like a scam. I would respond that you are expecting a large deposit to your checking account from the King of Siam who is escaping the country due to political persecution and is parking his fortune in your checking account while he is in transit leaving you with a tidy sum for your trouble.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
UPDATE
I got the reply from the seller today, he wrote a long email but never mentioned or responses to my request that I want to view the trailer in person and my request of the VIN#....... I am going to get away from the game, just posting here for update, thanks for all the members here for the advice

Quote of the email:
Attached to this message you have more pictures. Асtuаllу thе trailer іѕ lοсаtеd іntο the (ECS) eConsignment Shop custody. Thеу hаvе pісkеd іt up fгοm mу father's hοmе а fеw dауѕ before leaving thе tοwn as I have signed a contract and empowered them to take care of the whole sale, even if I will not be there when it will take place. According to the contract, they can ѕhіp thе trailer tο уοuг аddгеѕѕ, mаkе thе tгаnѕfег οf thе pгοpгіеtу οntο уοuг nаmе (The documents are аlгеаdу ѕіgnеd bу mе аnd nοtагіzеd, ѕο thеу аге еmpοwегеd tο dο thіѕ) аnd also hаndlе thе pауmеnt fοг mе. I wіll tгу tο ехplаіn to уοu, ѕtеp bу ѕtеp, hοw this сοmpаnу wοгkѕ аnd аlѕο thе eConsignment Shop сοnсеpt. I аm ѕuге уοu wіll bе сοmplеtеlу ѕаtіѕfіеd bу thе ѕегvісеѕ thаt this сοmpаnу іѕ οffегіng. Fігѕt οf аll, thіѕ сοmpаnу іѕ pагt οf еbау dгοp οff ѕtοгеѕ, but thе dіffегеnсе іѕ thаt thеу аге οffегіng thеіг ѕегvісеѕ fοг Kіјіјі users tοο. Ѕο, іf уοu wаnt tο buу thе trailer thгοugh thіѕ сοmpаnу, ѕіmplу gο οn thеіг wеbѕіtе ( www . econsignmentshop . com ) аnd геgіѕtег for а nеw tгаnѕасtіοn. Αftег уοu wіll геgіѕtег, аn іnvοісе геgагdіng thіѕ puгсhаѕе wіll bе ѕеnt tο уοu. Тhе іnvοісе ѕhοuld сοntаіn dеtаіlеd іnfοгmаtіοn аbοut thе ѕhіppіng pгοсеѕѕ, іnѕuгаnсе, геtuгn pοlісу аnd pауmеnt pгοсеѕѕ tοο. Aссοгdіng tο thе сοmpаnу pοlісу, the ѕhіppіng fееѕ аге mу геѕpοnѕіbіlіtу, ѕο уοu hаvе nο геаѕοnѕ tο wοггу аbοut that as they аге іnсludеd іn thе pгісе (fгее οf сhагgе fοг уοu). Τhе mοѕt іmpοгtаnt thіng іѕ thаt thіѕ сοmpаnу is offering геtuгn pοlісу fοг аnу tгаnѕасtіοn сlοѕеd thгοugh thеіг ѕегvісеѕ. Тhat mеаnѕ уοu hаvе thе гіght tο геtuгn thе trailer аt аnу tіmе, іf іt won't mееt thе сοndіtіοn dеѕсгіbеd bу mе аnd аll уοuг mοnеу wіll bе геfunded tο уοu іmmеdіаtеlу. I аm ѕuге wе wοn't nееd tο uѕе thе геtuгn pοlісу dοсumеnt bесаuѕе thе trailer іѕ ехасtlу аѕ I've dеѕсгіbеd іt, but this document is being provided by the company for buyer's safety. Мοге іnfοгmаtіοn уοu саn fіnd dігесtlу οn thе сοmpаnу wеbѕіtе, аt thеіг Ѕеllіng οn Kіјіјі ѕесtіοn. I'm гесοmmеnding уοu tο геаd thіѕ ѕесtіοn bеfοге геgіѕtегіng thе tгаnѕасtіοn wіth thеm, ѕο уοu саn bеttег undегѕtаnd hοw thе dеаl gοеѕ thгοugh this company. I аm ѕuге уοu wіll bе сοmplеtеlу ѕаtіѕfіеd bу thе ѕегvісеѕ thаt thе сοmpаnу іѕ οffегіng, because they аге ѕаfе аnd ѕесuге fοг bοth οf uѕ, at the ѕаmе tіmе.

Here you have some extra info about the trailer:
Selling price is CAD $ 30.400

Unquote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Addition Information: This is a SPAM

I am trying to understand more about the ECS the seller mentioned, I found this interesting post in other site about ppl wanted to buy 'Pinball Machine" via Kijiji, the email that the buyer received exactly the same as what I received from the seller only changed the item to AS and all things are exact.

Good expereicne and hope to share here to alert all the newbies if they were looking to buy and need to be very careful
Old 06-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Opps forget to post the site I read regarding that Spam Pinball machine

Pinball Revolution • View topic - "Not Mine" Pinball Machines For Sale
Old 06-11-2014, 09:57 PM   #12
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
If it sounds too good to be true it's a scam. Never, never buy a trailer sight unseen without papers to document its title.

I'm praying for the day when everyone finally gets it through their heads about this "The item is in storage and we can ship it to you for free with a money back guarantee" scam, and hopefully it will go away for good.

Also be careful advertising for an item wanted. There are people that cruise the net looking for people wanting things of fairly high value. For example you're looking for a new transmission for your truck and advertise as such. People will respond to your ad claiming to have the item, even answering all your questions and offering to ad items that you may need for free. They will claim not to have access to a computor, Facebook or Paypal and will demand cash. You send cash and you will lose it.

Glad you didn't get taken in.
Cheers
Tony
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Keep looking . I bought mine from craigslist of all places. Inspect trailer and title before handing over cash. I looked for 2 years before finding one 20 miles away. If I lived in Florida, the search would have been 2 months. Remember... cash is king
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:22 AM   #14

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Yup, keep,looking. There are good trailers out there, you might have to look for a bit. Good luck!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2011 31' Classic
Nellysford , Virginia
Mary&Kent - Lin and I went through the same process you're going through. We "shopped" online from Jan.-April 2011. We looked here at the Classifieds, and on a site called RVTrader.com. We found one or two to go look at and settled on ours from a seller on RVTrader. We went to visit them with cash in hand. They turned out to be wonderful people who had maintained their / our Excella well. We love the Airstream experience. 39 states and 2 provinces so far.
TAC VA-18 | Life Mbr ACI 1927 - Spirit of Virginia Club | AIR 53869
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Otter View Post
Mary&Kent - Lin and I went through the same process you're going through. We "shopped" online from Jan.-April 2011. We looked here at the Classifieds, and on a site called RVTrader.com. We found one or two to go look at and settled on ours from a seller on RVTrader. We went to visit them with cash in hand. They turned out to be wonderful people who had maintained their / our Excella well. We love the Airstream experience. 39 states and 2 provinces so far.
Thanks Greg & Lin ~ we will keep looking till we found our dream AS and will keep our eyes open
Old 06-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
HI Mary & Kent:

Welcome to the AS family....
After reading the different posts here there is no question this was a scam! I had a similar scam selling tractor in Whitehorse, till I asked if an RCMP buddy of mine in Whitehorse could come and look at it. All of a sudden tractor was not longer for sale!

As for your search for a Trailer. We purchased ours through Danny Quintero at Airstream Adventures in Seattle. He is a very good to work with and does a ton of sales into Canada. We found him to be very honest and he really wanted to make sure we knew everything about the unit we were interested in (even all the bad things) before we even went down to look at it. Danny and the Branch are very used to dealing with clients via long distance so you will not have an issue there.

It might be worth your while to call him and tell him what your looking for. If he hasn't got what you are looking for at least he can keep his ear to the ground. That's the nice thing about this dealership - they have a huge inventory in their 4 or 5 locations and will move units from one location to the other just to allow clients to look at them.

My guess would be the majority of AS units in Western Canada come from Airstream Adventures - at least the ones I know of mostly have!

Good Luck!

Cheers
Doug
Old 06-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #18
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Welcome guys! My wife and I are in the same boat. We're looking to purchase our first Airstream in the Fall around Oct. Right now we've got a lot of stuff to get rid of, like 3 vehicles and a house worth of stuff. You clearly don't need one more person telling you it sounds fishy from all the great replies here.

But I wanted to welcome you, and say good luck in your search! I'm sure you are filled with excitement. I feel like a kid who knows christmas is only 25 days away. I wish I could wave a wand and get to it already, lol. Lots of work to be done.

Enjoy the search. And welcome again.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:48 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
All kijiji ads have a "report ad" button on the top right corner. They do check up on ads and take down scams so it's worth spending the second it takes to report them.

andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
HI Mary & Kent:

Welcome to the AS family....
After reading the different posts here there is no question this was a scam! I had a similar scam selling tractor in Whitehorse, till I asked if an RCMP buddy of mine in Whitehorse could come and look at it. All of a sudden tractor was not longer for sale!

As for your search for a Trailer. We purchased ours through Danny Quintero at Airstream Adventures in Seattle. He is a very good to work with and does a ton of sales into Canada. We found him to be very honest and he really wanted to make sure we knew everything about the unit we were interested in (even all the bad things) before we even went down to look at it. Danny and the Branch are very used to dealing with clients via long distance so you will not have an issue there.

It might be worth your while to call him and tell him what your looking for. If he hasn't got what you are looking for at least he can keep his ear to the ground. That's the nice thing about this dealership - they have a huge inventory in their 4 or 5 locations and will move units from one location to the other just to allow clients to look at them.

My guess would be the majority of AS units in Western Canada come from Airstream Adventures - at least the ones I know of mostly have!

Good Luck!

Cheers
Doug
Hi Doug ~ thanks for the advice and i just tried to call AS NW asking for Danny but he is not working today and will try next week.

By the way, did you purchased a new one from him or a used one? may I ask how the discount/negotiate rate look like thanks in advance.

Mary