Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Winnipeg , Manitoba
Cool Hello to all!

Hi I am John.
I have just joined and look forward to meeting new friends and finding information on the posiblilities of travil with a Airstream Argosy!

I do have a trailer, a 1977 FreeSpirit that is 17 feet and I am thinking of moving up!

I am approching retirement and want to be able to travil with a home on wheels plus pull my get around car behind.

I haven't purchased a Airstream yet but am looking for something in the mid 70's to mid 80's or so. I am into classic cars and seem to be stuck in the mid 60's to 80's for my vehicals so this age seems to appeal to me most.

Well thats a few facts about me and where i am headed, nice to meet you all!
jmilld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Goose Creek , South Carolina
Welcome, lots of good info here
Holzarbeiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Welcome from Vancouver! How are the Airstream prospects in Winnipeg? Are there a lot around?
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #4

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Winnipeg , Manitoba
Thanks for the welcome!

I have seen a few (very few) Airstreams around Wpg. I have not seen any Airstream motor homes.

When talking to A1 Canada RV, they said Wpg. doesn't have the numbers to suport Airstream type of trailer distribution in Wpg. A1 will service and has serviced the Airstream groups when they have gone through Wpg.

My self I have always liked the Airstream and have been torn between a tow trailer or a motorhome. Either way its going to cost, big SUV to pull the size of trailer I want or Motorhome and tow a small car to transport upon arival in city's. There seems to be a few inexpensive 25 to 33 foot fiberglass units coming on the maket with GMC sub chasies and the small 454 engine. The price seems to be running $10 K to $20 K with around 50 K miles. However I see the issues with them including roof leaks, damaged upper pannels both inside and out and faiding color weather it be fiberglass or alum sheets pannels. This is the same I see on my 1977 Sprinter trailer that sits outside all year around.

What I am looking for is rare in Wpg. That is a Argocy Airstream in the 26 to 30 foot range, mid 70's to mid 80's. Prices some where around the 10 to 15 K range in good condition, driveable and not to much to safety. I will have to have it safetied before I can licience it. The closest one I have seen is at Minneapolis, a 28 foot.

Have your members any suggestions for the best place to look, best prices and what could be expected when and if I get to look under the hood?? All information would be a help! Thanks!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #5

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Winnipeg , Manitoba
Argosy Airstream Hopefull!

Thanks for the welcome!

I have seen a few (very few) Airstreams around Wpg. I have not seen any Airstream motor homes.

When talking to A1 Canada RV, they say Wpg. doesn't have the numbers to suport Airstream type of trailer distribution in Wpg. A1 will service and has serviced the Airstream groups when they have gone through Wpg.

My self I have always liked the Airstream and have been torn between a tow trailer or a motorhome. Either way its going to cost, big SUV to pull the size of trailer I want or Motorhome and tow a small car to transport upon arival in city's. There seems to be a few inexpensive 25 to 33 foot fiberglass units coming on the maket with GMC sub chasies and the small 454 engine. The price seems to be running $10 K to $20 K with around 50 K miles. However I see the issues with them including roof leaks, damaged upper pannels both inside and out and faiding color weather it be fiberglass or alum sheets pannels. This is the same I see on my 1977 Sprinter trailer that sits outside all year around.

So what I am looking for is rare in Wpg. That is a Argocy Airstream in the 26 to 30 foot range, mid 70's to mid 80's. Prices some where around the 10 to 15 K range in good condition, driveable and not to much to safety. I will have to have it safetied before I can licience it. The closest one I have seen is at Minneapolis, a 28 foot.

Have your members any suggestions for the best place to look, best prices and what could be expected when and if I get to look under the hood?? All information would be a help! Thanks!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Have you checked Saskatoon? You may have to be prepared to travel to find what you want. Sakatoon has an Airstream dealer, so you may find a better selection of used motorhomes to look at (you may also want to look to your East in Ontario). Also, with our dollar strengthening, don't discount looking South of the border. The search can be half the fun! Good luck!
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote