Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2020, 07:59 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Brooklyn , NY
Hello! I'm an Airstream daydreamer

Wowee what a cool forum.

I posted a classified today about looking for an airstream from the 1970's or 80's (Yes, yes, I'm casting a wide net here) that is a 26-29 footer that *most importantly* has a bay window on one end. I'm really not picky about which model, although I am a fan of the Argosy and the many models that have that sexy blue stripe down the side. I'm looking to completely gut the thing and renovate from the frame up. If there's one that's already gutted, that's a plus for me. For this reason, I'm looking to pay less than $10,000. I live in NYC but am willing to drive approximately 100 miles.

Looking forward to a year of renovations and a life on the road! I'm very new to the reality of looking for my new home, but I have been dreaming about this for about 4 years now.

If any of you have advice about where to look (I have found a few contenders on Facebook marketplace) and, more importantly, what to look out for when inspecting a potential airstream for gut renovation, please let me know!

I am also very interested in what kind of tow vehicle I should be looking for. Is a truck absolutely necessary?

Thanks a bunch
goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Welcome to the forums and hope you’re staying safe. There are a lot of Airstreams out there for sale in your year range. Take a look at Airstream Hunter site. They have quite a few. Good luck and stay safe.
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:18 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Brooklyn , NY
Hey thank you Bubba!!

Stay safe,
Colby
goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote