Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #1

2005 25' International CCD
Maple Grove , Minnesota
Smile Hello from sunny Minnesota

Our names are Caroline and Paul. We have recently purchased a 2005 Airstream International CCD 28'.
We are very excited to finally have joined the ranks of proud Airstream owners and can't wait to go on our first road trip to Chicago with the kids. Let's hope the teenagers are just as excited after spending one week with us!
We are originally from the UK and have lived in Atlanta, Chicago and now of course Minneapolis.
We were interested to see how popular Airstreams have become in the UK and found quite a few Airstream forums back there.
We look forward to sharing and reading all about your adventures and learning from your experiences!

Happy Trails.

Bella and crew.
Bella Casa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
1957 26' Overlander
Plymouth , Minnesota
Greetings Caroline and Paul. Welcome to the forums.You have got yourself a very nice trailer. My wife and I have a 2006 22'CCD and always dreamed of upgrading to the 28' CCD. Congratulations!!
Are you aware of the Minnesota Airstream Park? Jennifer, my wife, and I have a site there.Our trailer waits on our site, ready to enjoy, between adventures. The park is located about 45 miles west of you in Clear Lake Minnesota. Please consider paying us a visit sometime. Our next open house is scheduled for August 21st.Visitors are always welcome. There are sites for rent as well as a few for sale.
You will find these forums filled with great information and many incredible people. As you discover and enjoy your trailer many questions will come to you. The information here is priceless!
Enjoy your trailer! We both work full time and we still find a way to spend more than 50 nights a year in ours.

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale"
(Hans Christian Andersen)

WBCCI 10289
TAC MN-69
AIR 11240
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Moving further south to Minnetonka, greetings and welcome to the Airforums!

Although we don't have a late model like yours, we enjoy camping all over Minnesota in out 51 year old Tradewind.

Definitely pay a visit to the Airstream Park.

Let's hear from some of the Eden Prairie Airstreamers.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #4

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome Bella,

Congratulations on the new Airstream and your first post. Keep us updated on your adventures.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

Congratulations on the new baby!
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Welcome to the Forums, Bella. We've just returned home after spending two weeks' summer vacation in your beautiful new-to-you Minnesota. We camp in an incredibly beautiful area up the North Shore from Duluth, in the municipal campground at Grand Marais and travel up and down the Gunflint Trail. We are back home in mid-Missouri now where everything is lush green, but my eyes are missing that gorgous blue of water and sky of Lake Superior. Enjoy all the wonderful areas of your new home state in your Airstream! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Wwwwelcome from Ssssioux Fffffalls, South Dddddakota.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
Welcome to the forums, and to Airstreaming, from sunny Round Rock, TX!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #9

2005 25' International CCD
Maple Grove , Minnesota
Smile Thanks for warm welcome!

It was so nice to check out our e-mail and receive your messages. What nice people Streamers are!
We have actually lived here in Maple Grove, Minneapolis for 11 years. I guess we must love the people here because it can't be the weather.
The day we picked up our airstream we popped into the local Home Depot and happened to meet another English person who told us about the Airstream Park in Clearwater nearby. After a one night stay there we loved it so much we are in the process of buying a plot and setting up "Home" there !! It seemed like the perfect solution. We can either stop in there for a couple of nights over the weekend and not have to bother with picking it up from the Barn and all that hassle, or we can take Bella for a ride somewhere else.
We are very interested in meeting like minded people with Airstreams in the Minneapolis /St paul area. We have just joined the airstream club but I can't see much activity in our corner of the woods? Let us know if anything is happening.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Caroline and Paul. "The Brit's"
Bella Casa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:22 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
1964 24' Tradewind
1956 18' "Footer"
Southern , Minnesota
Welcome Caroline and Paul! I'm your Minnesota neighbor to the southeast here in Rochester. I'll be bringing my '64 TradeWind up to the Mn Airstream Park in the not too distant future and hope to see you there! If you're ever in the Rochester area, let me know a bit in advance and you're welcome to boondock in our 2 acre backyard providing you don't mind a chocolate lab that demands bellyrubs and ice cubes.

Steve "Dancin" Hansen
TAC MN-31

visit my almost yearly blog https://www.bluessafari.blogspot.com
GR8DANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to Airbiscuit Send a message via Yahoo to Airbiscuit Send a message via Skype™ to Airbiscuit
Welcome Caroline & Paul! We are located for now in Ohio but the fiance may be getting transferred to St. Paul. Would be great to hook up with ya'll when we come visit the area!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2022 25' International
Savage , Minnesota
Welcome Caroline and Paul!

Always good to see new folks from Minnesota in our midst! Soon there will be a welcome to our MN Airstream Park as well! This is our third season. This year the log says 35 nights stay in our 1990 Excella (29 nights at the Park and 6 on the road, all since 4/3/10). Having a share in the Park allows a perfect blend of "weekend Airstream retreat" with "Airstreaming on the road". The Park is beautiful, the people are great, and we get so many more nights of use out of our trailer because of it. Look forward to seeing you there!

Beyond the Park, we have also met some great folks from Minnesota and Wisconsin. Many of them I have met through this very Airstream Forum, and others via Airstream blogs. In the 3 1/2 years of Airstream ownership now, I am so glad to have found such kind, helpful and good to know people as most Airstreamers. I hope you find this to be true of your new found community as well!

-Tim

'64 Safari Resoration Blog ("May"):
https://ts8501.blogspot.com/

TAC MN-6
WBCCI/VAC 11736
AIR 25979
ts8501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Welcome Bella and crew!

You guys will fit right in here. Congrats on the new toy!

Vinnie

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Welcome Caroline and Paul. We are your neighbors due south in Northern Iowa. We enjoy spending time at the MN Airstream Park. I especially enjoy the swimming pool. The Rose Garden in St. Cloud is well worth the trip. We have activities going on down here in Iowa, also. In fact, we are having a rally in Ackley, IA the first weekend in August. That's not too far from your location---almost straight south. Again....welcome aboard....always glad to meet another Airstreamer. Looking forward to seeing you down the road...........Dave & Pat
tintent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Welcome from Otter Tail County! Beautiful here, come visit.

Doug and Cheryl
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Detroit Lakes , Minnesota
Welcome from somebody north of you. I just pulled our 68 Sovereign home to Detroit Lakes yesterday. I figured with all the old campers coming in for WE Fest the local constabulary would overlook my non working brake and signal lights.
Tom
tomhack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB International CCD
Leesburg , Virginia
Welcome, Caroline and Paul! We're new to the forum, too, as we just picked up our new Airstream at Colonial in NJ about three weeks ago.

Tom, I just got back from a 6-day visit to Detroit Lakes. We go there every summer to see family. We used to have a family cottage on Sallie, but sold it about 10 years ago. My cousin still has one there, on Barbara Beach, just up the road from Shoreham (where our old cottage was.) Are you on Big Detroit? We'll be back up that way in September for three nights on our way out west with the A/S. Hope to have a chance to check out the A/S park in Clear Lake. Didn't have time to do that on this last trip.

Ann Sue
WBCCI #2515
TAC #VA-9
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Welcome! Unfortunately, our A.S. is not quite functional yet, but give us a couple of years, and we'll be at Clear Lake for our shakedown cruise! Nice to have some more close "neighbors" in MN!

Kay
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote