Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #1

Hello from an Airstreamer wannabe

Just popping in to say, "hi."

My keen interest in Airstreams started back when my folks talked of their plans to buy one for retirement travel. That was in the long-ago '50s, but they didn't live long enough to fulfill their dream. Now I'm retired, and been loving the freedom it brings for almost four years. Even though I've done nothing more than look at and read about Airstreams over the years the notion of owning one some day has never left my mind. I've been lurking on this board for about a year and a half now and decided it was time to make myself known.

John Devlin
Wakefield, Massachusetts
JoDade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Welcome John,

The forums are a great place to find all the Airstream answers! We are retired too and love being retired! Airstreams, retirement.... doesn't get much better!

I suggest you start really looking for the Airstream of your dreams! The best thing about them (other than they are really cool...) are the people you will meet!

Welcome aboard, and glad you stopped by!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
bfk
2 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Eugene , Oregon
Welcome.

We were all wannabees at one time.

There's more information here than anywhere else, so dig in.

Cheers,
Brian
bfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Welcome aboard and check out the Classifieds section. They may have already listed the A/S trailer of your dreams. Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
1962 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Northern , Minnesota
Welcome aboard John,
You found the right place if you are interested in Airstreams. You might try checking out you local WBCCI unit for more info and help to get you started. Good Luck and have fun.
Bradjun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #6

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome John. We are also four years retired. We have had our Airstream for three months now. We absolutely love it. We are in it whenever we can. As we write this, we are at a KOA in South Carolina, on our way to New Hampshire. We plan to be gone about a month. Sure is nice being retired.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Santa Catalina Island , California
Dreams do come true,

you just have to believe, pursue and just go for it if at all possible. After being Airstream wannabees for more years than we care to admit, we were finally able to buy our 19' Bambi a few months ago. We still have to pinch ourselves to believe it. Welcome to the forum--you're half way to achieving your dream. Everyone here is pulling for you and the expertise is incredible. Good luck!
AIR #14503
"We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us. . . Only when this is recognized can the blown-in-the-glass bum relax and go along with it." ~John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley, in Search of America
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hopkinsville , Kentucky
Welcome John,

I too had my eye on the Airstream Trailers for the longest time

and once I retired from the military in 05, I decided to take the plunge with

both feet and blind ambition . After month of reconstruction I've finally

got it road worthy. This forum has answered a great deal of my questions

and the advice is excellent. Again welcome and god bless

Keith and Johnya

Wolfen (Eskimo Spitz)
Hawk_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Welcome!

doit doit do it!

You'll not regret it. www.colonialairstream.com under inventory is a good place to start for new layouts, colors, etc.

This forum is great, whether you're a brave vintage rebuilder/refurbisher or a KISS buy a new one type.

Welcome and SYDTR (see you down the road).

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDade
Just popping in to say, "hi."

My keen interest in Airstreams started back when my folks talked of their plans to buy one for retirement travel. That was in the long-ago '50s, but they didn't live long enough to fulfill their dream. Now I'm retired, and been loving the freedom it brings for almost four years. Even though I've done nothing more than look at and read about Airstreams over the years the notion of owning one some day has never left my mind. I've been lurking on this board for about a year and a half now and decided it was time to make myself known.

John Devlin
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Hi John,

Just do it - go out and purchase your dream trailer. And when you do don't forget to join the WBCCI New England Unit. You'll be welcomed to all of our rallies and events.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Duluth , Minnesota
Hi John,

We're new to the wonderful world of AS as well! We have had a couple of diferent trailers over the years and we finally decided this was "our year" to make the purchase. We found a great year-end deal at the dealer on Council Bluffs on-line. We took a Saturday and flew down to take a look (from Duluth MN). We had a wonderful experience looking at all of their inventory. Elected to go with the year end deal on our 19' bambi, and are we ever glad we did! Saved a bunch and love the rig.

I found myself a bit reluctant to get involved (in the forum) as I thought I owned a smaller unit. Very peased to see how many folks also share our love with the smaller units. Welcome, and enjoy the whole experience of looking for the perfect plan for you. You won't be sorry! I wish we had made the purchase a few years ago and saved the huge frustrations of my older trailers!!!!
skykingpilot is offline   Reply With Quote