Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2021, 02:23 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Chicago , IL
Hello All and Happy Camping!

Hello,

I am looking forward to learning from all your experiences and making some great friends. My ultimate goal is to find an Airstream of my very own. I currently have a Little Guy Max and am looking to upgrade.

Talk to you soon,
SilverTardis
SilverTardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Welcome to the neighborhood. You’re on the right track. There is a tremendous amount of Airstream and camping knowledge here. Just ask the questions and you’ll get the answers. Good luck in finding the AS that fits your style. Good luck and stay safe.
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:25 PM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Welcome !!!!

Best guess is that used RV prices are at an all time high. If you can stand the idea of it .... selling what you have now probably gets you max dollars. If you order something new, prices have not gone that crazy. The gotcha is you probably will not see it until fall / early winter .....

Something to think about ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 05:10 PM   #4

Currently Looking...
Chicago , IL
Hi Bob!
Thanks for the tip! I am torn between selling my unit when it's a seller's market and keeping my freedom. Lol! I'm looking for a used Airstream and those prices while valid in this market are extremely high. I'm keeping tabs on several auction sites like BidNDrive and IAAI. I'm not scared of hard work and know that sweat equity is integral part of ownership.
Thanks so much,
Dani
Old 06-21-2021, 06:26 PM   #5

Currently Looking...
Chicago , IL
Thanks Bubba,

I appreciate the warm welcome and look forward to the journey!

Dani
Old 06-21-2021, 07:03 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
Conifer , Colorado
Greetings from Colorado: Welcome to these Airstream Forums. There is a wealth of knowledge here and people are willing to share their experiences.

Like Bubba L, I enjoy the vintage Airstream hobby and like Bubba L have renovated several of them. Gives a retired grandpa something to do. Check out the Classified section of these Forums as there you may be more likely to find a well kept used trailer. People who want to trade up or simply can't travel anymore in their Airstreams often advertise here. I bought my 75 Overlander here and sold my former 66 Trade Wind here.

Good luck...

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:18 AM   #7
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTardis View Post
Hi Bob!
Thanks for the tip! I am torn between selling my unit when it's a seller's market and keeping my freedom. Lol! I'm looking for a used Airstream and those prices while valid in this market are extremely high. I'm keeping tabs on several auction sites like BidNDrive and IAAI. I'm not scared of hard work and know that sweat equity is integral part of ownership.
Thanks so much,
Dani
Hi

Airstreams hang around a long time. There are a lot of them out there in questionable shape, sitting behind barns and out in fields. The purchase price may be great, but the cost to get them back into shape .... yikes .... Unless you have a fully equipped shop and a *lot* of free time, be very careful as you shop. From what I've seen, anything in "close to fixable" shape on the used market is selling for prices way beyond "rational".

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote