Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Greetings from San Diego

I am a retired pediatric occupational therapist, who has been reading the postings on this site for over a year. 20 years ago, I was active in tent camping but foolishly set it aside to focus on my career. With retirement, I am having a jolly time rediscovering the child within me and again enjoying camping.

I have had my 2007 23’ Safari SE/LS since last month. The information gained from this forum has been invaluable in avoiding the errors/frustrations of a newbie. It has been a lot of hard work researching and finding out what works for me. 2air’s postings have been very helpful.

This past month has been an incredible journey of learning the operation of and preparing our rig for future adventures. I am a docent at the Cabrillo National Monument doing 1887 history interpretation, the time period that the Old Pt. Loma lighthouse has been refurbished to. My plan is to travel about California and learn about its early history with the goal of sharing my knowledge with the public. Bringing history alive is a lot of fun and a reminder to not take our human rights for granted.

I chose "Fenghuang" as my handle since it is the name of our tow vehicle/AS trailer. "Feng" is the name of the male Chinese phoenix (tow vehicle) and "Huang" for the female (trailer). The female, "Yin", as noted in Feng Shui, is the moon and represented as silver. The male, "Yang", is fire, a nice match for the Ford 250 PSD. Fenghuang is a fitting name since I took delivery of the rig on the new moon.

This past year of the Fire Dog and has been a good one. Our rig is a "Fire Dog". The Chinese New Year, year of the "Fire Boar", will be starting on 2/18. It will be a fortuitous one since my partner and I are "Fire Boars".

Looking forward to meeting you on the road,
Larry
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Hello and Welcome

Just up the road from you is a rally at Malibu Rv resort this coming weekend and if interested we would love to have you join us. I grew up in San Diego and now have traveled from San Diego to Oregon the last 7 years and would be more than willing to share places of interest and the best spots to get along the way. If I can in making arrangement for thsi coming weekend please PM and I look forward too seeing you.
Excella3287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Welcome in.

If you are looking for your inner child. You are in the right place. We found ours and let them play at Rallies. Come to one and yours can play too.

We'll be in Malibu next weekend. Come out and join us.

See you around the campfire.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Whooosh.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang
I am /// MASSIVE SNIP /// on the road. Larry
mr fe,

welcome aboard.

yes, PLEASE DO attend the malibu rally.

kevbo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Wow. Another one from San Diego. There have been several of your neighbors showing up lately. Welcome to the Forums. I'll add one more invite to Malibu. Check out: Supporting Four Corners from Afar for all the scoop.
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
What an auspicious way to start your journey! I am intrigued as to your knowledge in ancient chinese zodiac and how you apply such to your modern daily life.
Hopefully you can make it to Malibu next weekend (President's Day & Chinese New Year). May be you can tell us more about Chinese Zodiac and show us how to "feng shui" our trailers! Would also love to hear more about Old Point Loma Lighthouse (I am a certified lighthouse enthusiast...please don't tell anyone else...).
Welcome to the the new family!

TTcat Ghost Writer
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:00 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
What an auspicious way to start your journey! I am intrigued as to your knowledge in ancient chinese zodiac and how you apply such to your modern daily life.
Hopefully you can make it to Malibu next weekend (President's Day & Chinese New Year). May be you can tell us more about Chinese Zodiac and show us how to "feng shui" our trailers! Would also love to hear more about Old Point Loma Lighthouse (I am a certified lighthouse enthusiast...please don't tell anyone else...).
Welcome to the the new family!

TTcat Ghost Writer
Check out the RV Park we'll be partying at next weekend.

http://www.maliburv.com/home.html

TTcat Ghost Writer
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks to all for such a warm welcome. Sorry, we will not be able to attend your Malibu rally due to prior committments .

I most humbly profess that I am not a Feng Shui expert, seeking my knowledge from books. Since my AS was built in Dec. 2006, it is a "Fire Dog" item. This is what I found:

THE FIRE DOG trailer (2006)

Feng Shui for the Airstream

Characteristics:
  • Adventure, solid, reliable, energy, devotion, honesty, perseverance, tradition, good taste, accommodating.
Décor:
  • Antiques, silk flowers, and natural materials.
  • Attractive upholstery to beg the visitor to sit down and take it easy.
Color: pale yellow

Gems & Stones:
  • Moonstone
  • Carnelian
  • Jasper
Auspicious corners and locations in descending order of luck as determined by Kua number (determined by manufacturing date year formula) e.g. 2006 = 0+6=6 + 5 (female) = 11, 1+1 = "2"
  1. Northeast
  1. for success
  2. West for health
  3. North for romance
  4. Southwest for personal development
The Airstream is an West group object.

Cheers,
Larry
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote