Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
Grateful

1972 Argosy 20
Longview , Texas
Greetings from Newbie in Texas!!

Hello!

I am so grateful to have found this site and these forums! Although the amount of information out there is a bit overwhelming, I know it will prove invaluable as we start our journey as Argosy owners.

My name is Erin, and my husband Andrew and I are in the process of purchasing our very first trailer, a 1972 20ft Argosy! We go to pick it up March 25th!

My husband works from home full time, and we have 2 small children- which makes being able to concentrate difficult at times. As a solution, we decided to purchase this trailer for him to work out of on our property. We will be taking out the front seating and putting in a desk for him, but plan on leaving the remainder of the original trailer intact so that we can also take it on adventures with our little family. The desk will be easily removable.

The guy we're buying it from has been dealing Argosy trailers for 2 decades, and seems pretty trustworthy and straight forward. He bought this one from a friend who was fixing it up himself, but was sadly diagnosed with some serious health conditions and forced to let it go. We know the electric is good,and the fridge works, and he also fired up the furnace. He has inspected the water lines and says they look good but will test them out later this week. He is doing a custom exterior paint job as well as repainting the interior all before we pick it up. I will include some "before" pictures with it in its current state.

We're planning to lay down new (bamboo?) flooring once we pull out the front seat and we also need to install an A/C unit. It's never had one, so that should be interesting. I'd LOVE any direction on how to do that in this model. I came across this thread last night (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f427...mma-95540.html), and I've also seen a member named lewster who seems pretty knowledgable on the subject on this forums and am considering private messaging him.

Also, is there a list of recommended repair shops by state? We are in a small town, so I'm guessing to have to A/C work done we would need to travel to a larger surrounding city.

We're somewhat handy, but I feel like we have a pretty large learning curve when it comes to fixer-up-ing. It's more a matter of time at this stage of our lives with a 1 and 3 year old running around

Ok, I feel like that's a good start. Thanks for sharing all of your knowledge!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0205161413.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	258534   Click image for larger version

Name:	0205161413b.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	338.3 KB
ID:	258535  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0205161416b.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	258536   Click image for larger version

Name:	0205161416.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	258537  

EER388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Spring , Texas
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new to you Argosy.

If you are heading to the Houston area, we highly recommend Bob Jones RV.
Starstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:28 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. Congratulations on your new baby. She sure is a cutie!
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote