Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-12-2006, 06:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
1957 26' Overlander
Plymouth , Minnesota
Smile Greetings from Minnesota

Last night my wife, Jennifer , and I jumped in head first. We went to the Minneapolis RV vacation and camping show and came home with a piece of paper that says we ordered a new Airstream.We should take delivery of a 22' CCD International in about 8 weeks. It will arrive just in time for spring.

I have spent many hours reading everything I could about the diffrent trailers, hitches, tow vehicles, problems and praises. This forum has been very helpful - thank you.

We have spent many years going where the airlines fly and sleeping in hotels. Now we can go where we choose and stay in our wonderful new trailer. We are looking forward to many years of fun and the new friends we'll meet.
Thank you for all you have shared, this forum helped us make the right decision.

Brad
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Go Gophers!!!

Welcome Brad & Jen -- We were there yesterday morning also -- and then went to Williams Arena for the game after. We went with friends who we've been exploring 'streams with for 10+ years. I'm retiring first and they will follow by a couple years.

The floor was huge and had great numbers of other units, but still nothing to compare with listening to other attendees talking about millionaire owners and Airstreams. IMHO it suffered for the AS Dealer attending that they didn't have enough spec 25' FB SE units to have even one at the show -- they'd have made how many more sales???? Shortsighted..., eh? It was nice that they had a 16' Quicksilver, a Bambi, a number of 25' Safaris, one 22' CCD and a 28' SS model. Also a Westphalia and an Interstate (Class B's). Not a Basecamp in sight? I tho't we were supposed to be appealing to the younger generation with the Basecamps and smaller units. Misfire!!

Lookin' forward to hearing about your destinations and experiences. Welcome aboard!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Talking

Welcome Brad. You'll enjoy the new 22'. We spent about 15 years in the Twin City area before being transplanted to Wi. We've been in camping many years but only 2 summers into Airstreaming. Having a great time. This is a good place to be. Midwest has great camping opportunities.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote