Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2006, 08:35 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2006 28' International CCD
Mill Valley , California
Getting Acquainted

Airstream Forum Members: This is my first opportunity to join an on line forum. I am a 61 year old Architect who is entering the RV-Airstream community very cautiously, as I feel that I am of a younger generation with more contemporary interests than most members as represented by the WBCCI agenda of activities at the upcoming international rally. For example, as an addition to the morning "devotional" time, how about a yoga class? As and addition to ballroom or swing dance classes, how about salsa, contact improvization, jazzersize, the 5 Rhythms, bellydance or Sweat Your Prayers? The Airstream community seems like it has a lot of potential for political activism similar to AARP, but I did not find any groups discussing lobbying for better funding for environmental protection, increased funding for the national and state park systems, and better funding for highways - which I imagine to all be topics of concern for Airstreamers.

As a veterin backpacker whos back has requested that I "hang up" my pack, I am primarily interested in boondocking rather than caravaning. I prefer "edgy" group gathering to the more traditional ralleys. I would love to contact the Airstreamers who attend Burning Man, as I would like to join them either this year or next.

I am setting up a working office in my International CCD and I plan to offer design services on the road. Thank you Christopher Deam for contributing your great design ideas to Airstream - this is the first trailer that I could ever imagine owning without needing to remodel the interior. I have designed several lodge-style homes and I have ideas for airstream-hybrid homes and studios in which the trailer becomes and integral-yet-mobile part of the functioning whole.

I would love to meet other "new generation" airstreamers and share ideas and dreams about redesigning the RV lifestyle and finding my unique niche in this community.

David Ludwig
David Ludwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Hi David,

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the coach! I think you will find alot of like minded folks here to chat with.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:10 AM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Welcome David ~

With your first post, I know you will soon begin to feel right at home here. Many like minded individuals here and some not so like minded but all seem to add to the adventure that is this forum. Again welcome.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

David, welcome and I agree that there are many like minded folks here. I'm one. Now located in San Francisco and my AS mh is in Texas under restoration. So far, bamboo floors and have changed the rear twins to a huge king, removed front tambors for more space etc. Bought a 21' Barth in Santa Cruz and we're boondocking all around this great area. Congrats on your AS purchase. joe
joewinfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
David,

How about joining us at Casini Ranch at the end of the month? We're the same age and lived 5 years in Mill Valley. Now, in Lucas Valley. I'm not edgy I suppose, but I do like the great outdoors. My wife does yoga and meditation. Is that edgy enough?

The adventure of that Airstreaming allows is what we enjoy.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
David,

Yeah for boondocking! And for being unconventional!

We'll be expecting you to post some great boondocking locations in the proper forum, and find you causing a commotion at every rally. Get with it!

My morning devotional consists of "Please, God, don't let me screw up this little fix I'm attempting today." (Taken with liberty from the only 7 words in the Test Pilot's prayer). (this is known as the SEG emoticon...)

I installed an office across from the double bed in my Overlander, complete with sliding desk top to allow quick passage in the isle. Complete for a photographer and digital mapper--scanner, printer, flat screen, external hard drives. It's in rehab now, but will be back by the end of summer. In the mean time I use the Caravel, which has a small darkroom in the shower for doing 4x5 film.

Burning man, you say!! It's been on my list for about 5 years and I'm going to make it either this year or next. If someone starts a Burning Man Rally thread, I'll jump on it! Just get your window seals perfect 'cause it's going to be dusty.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:09 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
Welcome to the forums, glad to have you here. Please do not confuse this forum with the WBCCI, though many of us are members of the WBCCI quite a few are not. The forums are here for open discussion mostly having to do with our Airstreams. However, you will find a full range of topics going on.
Being from the far left side of the political spectrum I for one am glad the WBCCI is not politically involved. I belong to several groups which do promote environmental concerns and they are of the same political leaning as me. I somehow have the feeling that the WBCCI would not be so liberal.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:44 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Dunsmuir , California
David,
Welcome. This is a pretty diverse group and you will find many kindered souls (and many not).

Since you mentioned boondocking I want to draw you attention to this forum which had been populated by Bob Thompson and others with many great sites.

Guy

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
Courtesy Parking (W/S/E/Wi-Fi) on I-5 in Northern California, 70 miles from Oregon border
guy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Dunsmuir , California
Here's the link I meant to include in my message.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f382/

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
Courtesy Parking (W/S/E/Wi-Fi) on I-5 in Northern California, 70 miles from Oregon border
guy99 is offline   Reply With Quote