Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
Rutherfordton , North Carolina
From cars to campers

Hey! New here. Looking for info. Hoping to learn some more about the "Streams". I'm a custom shop owner/operator, primarily building/repairing/customizing cars, but have recently started timkering with Airstream campers. Particularly vintage models. Started with a 59 Flying cloud (sold it before really had a chance to restore it). Moved onto a few more. Currently stripping one down inside to replace the floor. PO had a tree fall on it, tear a big hole in the roof and smashed it in almost a foot. I've already replaced the roof skins, now onto the interior.

I look forward to getting help from those more experienced than me, and also to help anyone with things I have more knowledge of.
Yodaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
There's all kind of help here on the Airforums. It helps to ask a specific question about a particular problem. Don't forget to include make, model, & year. Photos are the best way to get your problem diagnosed. Feel free to post photos of the repair during & after completion so others may learn. Clicking the forums tab in the upper left side of screen will bring you to the subdivided sections.
Welcome aboard.

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
St. Catharines , South Western Ontario
Agree with 3 Dog. There is a pile of info laced within the 1,000's of forum pages. Spend some time searching and you can learn lots.