Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-06-2007, 06:23 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Welcome

Welcome Sid,
It sounds like you're doing all the correct things and asking the right questions. This is the place to get some good opinions and help with your questions. We purchased our Classic from Bayer RV as well and Steve was good to work with. Good luck and Happy Trails!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:28 AM   #22
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Sid, are we still on for dinner on the 12th? How about your friends from across the lake? Looking forward to meeting you.
GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #23
Rot-Roo Rastro!!

2020 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Welcome to great club in America. Your with some of the best people in the world. Happy Trails..
AIR #12075
silversled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #24
Sid
1 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Comanche , Texas
Gayland, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner---you betcha, we'll be there at 6:30 sharp, as will our friends from across the lake. We're all looking forward to meeting you and your wife.

I don't think we'll make the rally at the end of the month. Too many other things going on this month.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #25
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
We'll be there with bells on @ 6:30 P.M. We'll arrive in a black and tan 2004 Ford F-250 Crew Cab with a tonneau cover over the bed. I stand 6'4" and always wear a big black hat and glasses this time of year. You should be able to spot us. Of the two of us, my wife will be the pretty one. I pretty much look like I've been beaten with an ugly stick.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to attend the rally. You'll be missing out on a really great time and a lot of outstanding information you might could use to get the most out of your Airstream experience, but I understand time constraints completely. As a new owner of a brand new toy, I just assumed you'd have lots of questions about a lot of things that could be answered at that particular rally by experts in their respective fields. These are experts who won't be at any other rally. It would also have been a good opportunity for you to get your feet wet and see if the Airstream Club would be something you'd enjoy without having to be a member. Most all other Club rallies require membership, but there should be one other rally sometime during the year that will be what is called a buddy rally. At buddy rallies, we can invite our non-member buddies to attend as our guests and we can even invite them whether or not they own an Airstream. Let me know at dinner if that is something you'd like me to do, that is invite you to a buddy rally. I don't intend to pressure you or anyone else about joining or attending functions of our club, but on the other hand, I sure don't want to be indifferent to your membership either. There is a fine line between making someone feel welcome and badgering them. I hope to walk that line. I keep trying to remind myself that just because we enjoy these kinds of activities and friendships so much doesn't mean that others will always feel the same way.

I've been working on, well maybe the better description is piddling on, our Airstream the past few days. I've waxed everything except the top and the end caps. Those are the two areas that need waxing the most to protect the plasti-coat, but I just haven't gotten the nerve up to tackle those areas yet. I'll need to pull it out of the barn before I wax up high. It will also need to be washed before I wax the top as the top has gathered a lot of barn dust the past few weeks given the winds we've had. If I can catch a warm day before the next cold front hits this next weekend, I might decide to tackle that little job. I also plan to polish the wheels.

I installed our new hitch earlier this week. It required a machining modification of our Enkay mud flap's hub that is used to mount the flaps to the shank that is inserted into the receiver hitch on the truck. That modification went well, but now everything needed to be readjusted as the flaps hang much closer under the truck's bumper now. As a result, the support arms now tilt out behind rather rather than stand more or less straight up. That required readjustment of the whole setup to make them hang correctly. No problem, just something to keep me busy and I need to have something to do right now.

See you on the 12th.

GStephens
GStephens is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hello All | Top | van »